Problem with AVDisk for NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mele20, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I'm trying to install NOD32 on floppies so I can boot from the disks and scan and clean if I ever need to.

I am using NTFS DOS with the new version of AVDisk as recommended by http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/support/avdisk.htm
    This latest version of AVDisk automates the task of getting the av files on the floppies. So it is supposed to be MUCH easier than it was a year or so ago when I, and several other NOD32 users who post here, tried to do this and gave up in frustration.

However, I ran into problems as soon as I tried to run AVDisk. First it warned me that a virtual device driver failed Dll initialization and gave me the choice of terminating or ignoring. I chose to "ignore" because the Dll driver in question is one that is shared with Symantec and I did not delete it when I got rid of the NAV that came on this computer because it is shared. The error refers to a Symantec driver.

I chose "ignore" and the program started.
    It examined my system and reported that I have no AV on the system! NOD32 is supported by AVDisk so it should have found it. It went on to say that I could enter the path manually and to click F2 to do so. So I did and immediately ran into another problem. The problem is I don't know DOS. This is supposed to be an AUTOMATED EASY TO USE PROGRAM. HA! This is what it said when I pressed F2:

"Please enter the path in DOS 8+3 format."

How do I do thato_O

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Habiru

Habiru Registered Member

Hi,

Would you rather make a boot CD and have NOD32 update from the net when loaded, then scan either NTFS or FAT32 with a ton of utilites included??

Get Barts PE and I can send you a plug in that will run NOD32 from the disk.
    Its also available on line from the forum, but mine is already to go.

I use this as my first line of defense in cleaning computers of malware and viruses. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.