Multi core support.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Janus, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi
    I am sitting here with my newly bought Eset Smart security running in a 64 bit Windows environment with a i5 processor. I was thinking, does Eset support the new technology from Intel, regarding multi cores and the many multiple threads they offer. Just curious :) ..because a friend of mine said that not all Av-software/vendors was supporting this technology.

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It is the operating system that splits the load on particular processor cores.

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Uh, what? The OS handles scheduling but the programs still need to be forked for multiple threads. Or am I wildly mistaken here?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Scans are run in separate threads on different cores which is handled by the OS.

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Ah, I thought you were saying that the OS somehow makes things multithreaded, which didn't make sense. Thanks.

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi
    Thank you Marcos, Your response gives me a better understanding and now it all makes a little more sense.:)
    And thanks to Hungry Man for the follow up question in post 3, I would have asked the same question. (I think;) )

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.