Funny name but looking as efficient app to parental control made by student of Computer Engineering
I wondered from where such name...is it a bird which have cought a cold?...perhaps nooo...is a person from cold areas of Turkey...perhaps also no...but maybe becouse of this?:
"cold turkey - complete and abrupt withdrawal of all addictive drugs on which you have become dependent, a blunt expression of views"
...i think some users behave like that after cutting off internet media, social network, etc.
Cold Turkey is a free/open source program that you can use to temporarily block yourself off of popular social media sites, addicting websites, online games and whatever else you want!
Cold Turkey has several unique features:
* Computer-wide: the blocking features are computer-wide, which will affect all browsers on the computer.
* Durability: the ability to block yourself in intervals of 10 minutes up to a full week!
* Situational Awareness: when the computer is turned off, it will still keep track of the time that passed by.
* No Touchy: if Cold Turkey detects that its security features are being tampered with (hard to do), it will block you for a week.
* Invincibility: Cold Turkey can't be stopped easily as it is not stoppable from the system tray or the task manager.
Cold Turkey has the option to block the following:
Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Youtube, Hotmail/MSN, Wikipedia, Ebay, CollegeHumor, AddictingGames, Reddit, FailBlog, StumbleUpon
Unlimited sites of your choosing
Warcraft III and more games to come!