W7 Home Premium x64 Comodo 5.8 & CCleaner Users....

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DBone, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I posted this over on both the Comodo & Piriform forums, and have received no response. On my freshly clean install of W7 Home Premium x64, I downloaded and installed the newest 5.8 versions of both CAV & CIS (at separate times of course), along with the latest CCleaner.

In CCleaner's Uninstall / Program list, there are two Comodo entries listed, and not one like there should be. My W7 Programs & Features is fine, as is SlimCleaner too.....Just CCleaner shows a wrong count of two. Can anyone else confirm this on the exact same setup that I have?

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Yep. I'm running Win 7 Home premium 32bit with ccleaner. It shows two entries for me as well. Not really sure why though.

3. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Finally, thanks! I wasn't sure if it was just my machine, and Comodo seems not to give $.02. Thanks again!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  4. parsec

parsec Registered Member

/local/galaxy_cluster/milky_way/sol_system/earth
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Over at Piriform's forum they asked for a screen shot, but I have since re-imaged and have gone to my current sig config. Can either one of you post a screen shot here so I can link/post it over at Piriform's forums?

Thanks in advance!

6. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hey,

I'm not running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 but 32-bit and, yes, I've noticed two entries of Comodo firewall in CCleaner [latest version 3.12] uninstall tab.

However, in Revo Unistaller and in Windows Add/Remove programs, I only see one entry referring to Comodo FW. Hence, I think this bug might have to do with CCleaner, not Comodo.

Now, what I did notice it's even when I upgraded Comodo FW 5.8 beta to the final release version, the software version number shown in Add/Remove programs in control panel and in Revo shows the beta. However, when I check Comodo FW itself [interface--->About] it shows the correct version number so there must be a bug that causes the wrong version number to be displayed in Control Panel.

I hope Comodo people to address that minor bug.

Carlos

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.