Mail Security 4.3 for Exchange - Whitelisting

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by scooter79, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scooter79

scooter79 Registered Member

Senders that have been added to the whitelist are still getting their emails quarantined for "Spammy Keywords" and other reasons. Is there a way to set the whitelisting as higher priorty over these other filters? Do I have any control over the spam keyword list?
    I submitted this same question as support case but received no response.
    These false positives for whitelisted senders are undermining users confidence in the anti-spam engine.

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Try by adding the sender addresses or domains that are currently in your whitelist to the 'approvedsenders' file.

The file can be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Mail Security\MailServer\approvedsenders

See if this resolves your issue.

3. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

I too am seeing this issue. If I do as suggested the spam score is always set as 0 for the entries added to the approvedsenders file.

What is going on?

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

The whitelist you are talking about is just for the computer protection (the e-mail client that's on the computer), not a global whitelist for exchange

5. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

Ah, duh, that makes sense. The approvedsenders file is pretty handy, they should add that to the GUI. :)

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.