How does PrivateFirewall fare against the likes of Comodo, Symantec, etc?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by overworkedmonkey, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overworkedmonkey

overworkedmonkey Registered Member

Is it better at some things that the others aren't and what are they and what are its limitations?

2. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

It did pretty good in the latest Matousec test. It even placed ahead of Outpost.

-http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

3. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

this is very good firewall and frequently updated :) used this for a long time.. my absolute fav firewall :thumb:

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I see you are using Panda IS. Are you not using the firewall?

ADDED I have noticed that the firewalls for most IS applications fare poorly. Are they really "no good" or is there something missing in the overall test? Thanks.
    Jerry

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Does PrivateFirewall accept Spyshelter or would they clash? Or would in fact most of Spyshelter's functionality already be incorporated in one form or another in PrivateFW?

Would PFW be enough on its own for most home applications?

(AV Sandboxie, imaging etc aside).

6. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

Frankly, It's thumbs down for Private Firewall. I tried to set up deny all oubound to Firefox or Google but they still seem to connect. Windows 7 Firewall Control does a much better job in connection with native Win 7 FW. I'm surprised, and deceived!!!:rolleyes:

7. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Have you deleted Google Inc. and Mozilla Corporation from the trusted publishers list? (Settings > Advanced).

8. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

Uninstalled Comodo fw yesterday and installed Private fw - huge improvement:
    my system doesnt hang up after logging in and Private fw recognizes programs I already used ( this stupid Comodo fw was unable to memorize my daily used programs !!! I reinstalled it once and it was a cure for 1 day, after it everything renewed - no recognition of daily used programs).

9. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Can pfw plz change the logo in the system tray !

10. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

It does have that kindergarten look :D . But a very good firewall.

11. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I realize what your question is but Zemana is similar. Myself and at least one other member with Z and PW had compatibility problems with Z/PW on both XP and Vista. I had to go with Comodo FW (only, no defence+) on the Vista laptop and have Mamutu and PW on the XP desktop. That was months and versions ago though. Tempted to try PW again on the laptop.

12. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

I second to that.I know for many doesn't seems much,but...another icon tray,more prof and good looking is more than welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.