BlueScreenView from Nirsoft

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LenC, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I recently used this program for the first time. I wish I had discovered it sooner.

My aging but trustworthy backup (11 year old Dell Dimension 4500) started blue screening several times a day. I googled the error message and followed the recommendations to check memory, check hard drive, and to delete/ recreate pagefile.sys. I did all of those with no improvement.

I came across this program and ran it. It gives a lot of information, much of which I don't understand. However, it pointed at my wireless card as the potential problem. I was dubious about that being the problem, but I did update the driver for the card and the bluescreens are gone.

I would have been clueless without this program - very helpful!

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Thanks for letting us know :thumb: Who would have thought it might be the wireless card ?

Glad you got it sorted :)

3. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

little AWESOME program :thumb:

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

hmmm... I don,t get it. Why a wireless card driver should start to produce BSODs suddenly while it must had been there since long without issues!

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I have no idea - I wish I understood such things. The only changes I made to the system within the days leading up to my problem were...

- install (and then uninstall) nitro pdf
    - install lightscreen (for screencapture)
    - install faststone image viewer

I wouldn't expect any of these to interact with wireless card in any way. The install/uninstall of nitro was a little messy - it changed (without asking me:thumbd: ) several default settings regarding pdf files. So I uninstalled it and then had to reinstall acrobat reader to get my settings correct. Again,I wouldn't think this would relate to the wireless card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.