Safe Online free?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by guest, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

There is any way to use safe online for free with webroot?
    There is any expand of the license for the betatesters?

2. guest

guest Guest

bump

it's not planned to release safeonline as a free soft?

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I hope they do... Most of people I recommended Prevx SOL to (facebook version) will make the switch to Trusteer Rapport. Some of their banks are suggesting it. If there will be no WSA (facebook version or whatever), then they'll stick with TR.

Webroot would only have to gain with a free WSA (Identity Protection shield only/the option only to have Identity Protection installed.).

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I know we're planning on having a Fast Scan version which would be the equivalent of the current Prevx 3.0 free version but I'm not certain of the plans for the SafeOnline equivalent. However, you can install SafeOnline now and it will eventually be upgraded to WSA with your free license in tact.

5. m00nbl00d

So, those who have SafeOnline facebook version will be upgraded to WSA? I imagine it (WSA) will only have the Identity Shield and malware detection (no removal), at the image of current SOL?

6. PrevxHelp

That's correct - our plan is to keep all of the users of Prevx 3.0 on the equivalent software of WSA.

7. m00nbl00d

Then, I suppose better than that, only a Identity Shield only version (with the option to have or not malware detection enabled). :thumb:

8. guest

guest Guest

Anyway safeonline is vulnerable to the MRG banking test, they were not able to fix it even for the final version (the final version tested is also vulnerable), seems that make cash is more important.

Yes, trusteer rapport has been always the best choice.

9. PrevxHelp

As I've said in the other threads, we haven't seen any malware using techniques we aren't blocking proactively. We don't have any way of finding out what the simulator is doing so until we actually see a real issue, WSA is still passing 100% of the actual threats.

10. guest

guest Guest

So you have checked the 100% of malware in the world?

According to MRG the technique used by the simulator is already being used by malware.

11. PrevxHelp

We've checked everything our users have seen. We only have as much information as was published in the PDF but banking malware is of the utmost importance to Prevx and Webroot so we keep an extremely close eye on any new techniques.

In the event that we were missing something, I've asked around to a few other vendors to double check and they aren't aware of any new developments either (outside of a recent surge in non-Windows banking malware) so I think we would all be very interested in details of an actual infection using a different approach.

In all cases, we will always fix any issue brought to our attention but no specifics have been stated and we've rechecked ourselves against the newest banking trojans with perfect success despite admittedly not detecting 100% as malicious by signature/rule.

Let me know if you find anything different if you're doing any testing but in the meantime, I'm going to pay some bills online with WSA installed :D

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

MRG guys claim that they co-operate with vendors and even let the vendors to access their VMs having their simulator. Have you contacted them so that you can fix the issue if there is any?

Thanks

13. PrevxHelp

If they see this thread (Google Alerts are impressive :)), I think it would be best to have MRG themselves clarify what their professional services provide as I don't deal with that side of the relationship but as a company, we can only sign up for so many services and we are already being tested by several different firms on a constant basis.

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

OK, I can understand your situation but I can,t agree that a company tests your software and then contacts you to fix your software. No pains, no gains.

15. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

In another thread, PrevxHelp said he'd sent MRG an email requesting access to their VM systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.