Sandboxie and Bittorrent/uTorrent client question

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Konata Izumi, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

If uTorrent is properly working outside Sandboxie , then all you have to do is allow File access->direct access to your download folder and %AppData%\uTorrent folder.
    I'm running it that way and it works great.
    I also added Drop rights and force it to always run sandboxed.
    The only "downside" of running uTorrent sandboxed is that you have to save the torrent file to your hard drive and then double-click it, otherwise if you open it directly with utorrent via sandboxed browser, it will open another instance of uTorrent.

3. Konata Izumi

press CTRL+G on sandboxed utorrent to run Setup Guide and click Run Test (a green check should appear but no).
    Utorrent will not be able to connect properly even on default sandbox settings :(

I don't mind lowering the sandbox security just to make this thing work.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. pabrate

I did and it's working.
    btw connectivity and all the network stuff has nothing to do with Sandboxie, unless of course you prevent internet access in sandboxie settings.

Are you saying that you receive green check when you run Setup Guide with non-sandboxed uTorrent , but it fails with utorrent sandboxed ?

5. Konata Izumi

I installed uTorrent inside Sandboxie and never got a green check :(

alright, I'll try installing utorrent outside sandboxie and then run it sandboxed after that.

6. pabrate

That's the problem for sure , just install it outside the sandboxie and after that you can run it sandboxed.

If you still have problems, then it's firewall related, your router etc.

7. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I don't use torrents much, but some things are only available now as torrent, such as DriverPacks.

I have a LiveTest sandbox, which is just a default box. I download Utorrent. Run it inside LiveTest box. Download what I need. I leave uTorrent there. If I have not deleted the LiveTest box, then I navigate to the proper sandbox directory where uTorrent lives, and execute it. I have had no issues what-so-ever with uTorrent and SBIE in this fashion.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.