Can't run or uninstall WormGuard

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by donnh, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnh

donnh Guest

I installed WormGuard and it appeared to go ok.

Clicking on the WormGaurd icon or running C:\Wormguard\wguard.exe does nothing. When I try to uninstall the application I get the following error. "The Wormguard Execution Hook is still in place! " It then says to run wgaurd.exe and press the remove button. Problem is I can't get wgaurd.exe to run. I've also tried re-installing several times.

I'm running XP SP1 with all the latest patches......

Any help would be appreciated

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Re: Can't run or uninstall WormGaurd

Ho donnh, WormGuard does not run as such, it only runs when needed quietly checking every file as necessary. The error should assure you that WG is indeed installed correctly as the "Execution hook" is in place.
    Please take some time to read through the threads here and also WormGuards Help file, this should enable you to get the most from it.

HTH Pilli

3. donnh

donnh Guest

I understand if it is installed already, but I don't get why it won't run the uninstall if it is working corectly.....I'll speed more time researching.

Thanks for the response...

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

In the WormGuard menu - uninstall the wormguard protection using the "Remove" button- After which you should be able to use the uninstall program.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.