error code 2878-cant install

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by maaster, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maaster

maaster Registered Member

i had already one eset ss 5 setup on my hard drive.but when i ran the installer it shows"the installer has encountered an unexpected error the error code is 2878.so i downloaded a fresh installation package from the eset website but it still shows the same thing...

NOTE:
    i was using eset previously but now i tried kaspersky for one month.when i tried to install kaspersky it showed that eset was already installed, though i removed it!!!so it asked to remove it using an eset uninstaller.i did the same.now i want to install eset back.pls help me to solve this...........

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Try running both Kaspersky's and ESET's uninstallers from Safe Mode, rebooting after each one finishes, and then reinstall the ESET software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. maaster

Thanks for your reply...I tried but still it shows the same problem....may be if you could tell me how to create an installer log then i will put it here....i was able to install eset smart security 4 but not ess 5....i want to try ess 5...pls help me.............thanks in advance..........

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Could you post a screen shot of the error, please? Thank you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. maaster

i rectified the problem by installing cc cleaner and deleting invalid registry entries through it........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.