Log for web access warnings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by axial, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axial

axial Registered Member

Ver 4.2.71.2, DB 6342, Win7

Is there a log that can be enabled to show the information shown in the red alert window, including both the URL of the "suspicious" website and the threat detected? Or even just allow one to right-click the NOD icon to view the most recent web threat encountered along with the associated URL?

When surfing quickly the short duration of the alert window makes it difficult to specifically connect the website to the threat.

fwiw, today's GAOTD webpage is triggering something about an icon with a ".cc" address. I have no idea whether it's a FP or not, I just wanted to look at the details.

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

This feature will be included in future builds of the software.

Regarding the ".cc" address that's being blocked, please report it to our virus lab by following these instructions.

Hope this helps.

3. axial

axial Registered Member

Thank you, Tony, having some/all of the web log information available will be useful.

I'm not getting any warning on the GAOTD site today (for yesterday's deal) so nothing to submit, but next time around I'll try to catch the details.

4. axial

axial Registered Member

For those who might be interested in seeing the NOD's quick block dialog, a second web access warning example:

Aug 30 giveaway is "Driver Magician", on the page

-http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/drivermagician/-

NOD32 pops up a warning about blocking this website:

-coffeeshop.co.cc-

Reported to samples@eset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.