Need a free VPN which provides US IP

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Sumedik, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumedik

Sumedik Registered Member

Well, I am not trying to hide from anyone here, I just need an US IP to access to access some US only sites. I need a FREE VPN for that. Any one would do, which offers good speed.

2. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

use a US proxy.

3. Sumedik

Proxies die pretty often, it is a pain to search for a new reliable proxy every time you connect....

4. kupo

kupo Registered Member

How about hotspot shield? But it will insert ads when using it, so i suggest using firefox and abp

5. Sumedik

Wrll I am using Hotspot Shield currently, but the problem of ads is there, so looking for an alternative.

6. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

7. Spooony

no its not. I have a list of 30 working elite proxies which automatically updates itself every 10 min. There's a firefox add on that downloads them for you automatically and you just choose the one with the us flag next to it.

All a person need is a reliable place to find them and add the link in the settings.
    Google IP TRACING
    The first link you get enter the site. Click on the proxies. Those are proxies updated min by min. Just add the page link to the add ons settings.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/tag/proxy?sort=averagerating&tag=google&cat=1,12

Just look there for one that lets you import proxies automatically there's lots of them

8. SecureSystem

SecureSystem Registered Member

use proxpn. unlimited bandwidth.

9. Spooony

bandwidth is how big the pipe is. But it doesn't show you how the road look or the traffic from point A to point B. Throughput is the one you must look at.

10. Sumedik

https://encrypted.google.com/

I typed "IP TRACING" here but cannot see any relevant site as the 1st link.....

A different search maybe?

11. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

You keep going on about all these open public proxies..

This is a security forum if you haven't noticed with real professional companies like Eset that use this as their Official forum for support, not a Warez forum.

You want to advocate privacy and security then please advocate it in a proper manner and show people professional proxy service providers.

I've been out digging around and ran across this which sells an elite proxy service at $2.50 a month...

http://www.cheap-proxy.com/about

All these Proxy Lists you keep showing, there is always the possibility that some are open for public access but I also know for a fact that most of them are open by mistake and people are taking advantage of this and that makes it illegal.

We're here to share and obtain legal means of security, not illegal means...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  12. rudyl

rudyl Registered Member

I'm getting less than 200 Kbps with free proXPN :'(

Edit: Free SecurityKISS seems about the same.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  13. Sumedik

14. PRUHDG

PRUHDG Registered Member

www.freeusvpn.com
    Provides pptp l2tp/ipsec and openvpn,One has to go to their site every 12 hours for password.They claim they have to make money from ads of their page.

15. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

You have to be careful with free VPNs, many of them could be Honeypots or a bunch of crackers... Either way, it can be bad, oh and a gmail account for that one too! LOL...

A gmail account for a business, that's a RED FLAG! ;)

And if it's not a business then you don't want to mess with it...

I'm also not saying this has to be a Microsoft, Comodo business, but the person(s) running it are professional and here is someone offering a free VPN using Gmail.

If you don't understand what I'm saying by this, VPN= Security Privacy, Gmail = NOT!

For free Tuvpn below is a bigger more professional company, but it's a proxy and a fine one too...

Here's a free proxy you can use;

http://www.tuvpn.com/en/buy-vpn#our-store-free

Just click the button 'My Proxy Settings', then accept the terms and conditions and then you'll type in the captcha to get the username and password, also the password changes like once a week I believe, so you'll have to go back to get a new one.

Here's a proxy they use from USA;

chicago.tuvpn.com 8080

That's the best free you'll ever find from a reliable company too. ;)

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  16. PRUHDG

PRUHDG Registered Member

^Free or paid they are all honeypots to me.

Another free us vpn is raptorvpn,they provide there own openvpn version also requires java jre and also they have pptp.

http://www.raptorvpn.com

Altoough not a vpn cocoon firefox plugin is now free it also gives us ip.
    https://getcocoon.com/

17. PRUHDG

PRUHDG Registered Member

I decided to test this today,so I downloaded their installer but decompressed it using 7zip to take out its config file.When I finished putting it in my openvpn config and connect to their server seconds after comodo start giving alot of popups from incoming connections from remote computers using port 445,137 etc,the problem for me is checking the ips they are from places like bulgaria and italy etc lol.All vpn I have tried, no remote pc try connecting to me in this manner.This one I will stay away from.

18. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Try this:

https://vpnreactor.com/default.aspx

1. One hour time limit, and then reconnect with a second one.

2. Use 2 emails to register two different accounts.

3. They don't sell your email.

4. Have to reactivate once a month.

Best regards,

KOR!

P.S. It is a PPTP.

19. Lanny1276

Lanny1276 Registered Member

I use securityKISS on occasion, and I have to say that it is really smooth, BUT YOU HAVE TO CHECK YOUR EXIT IP ADDRESS. Sometimes it does not match the name of the country server that you select. I use cloakfish, myiptest.com, and ip.my-proxy.com to check the exit ip's.

Weirdly enuff, one server location I selected, when I used one of the above ip checkers , came back as a detected proxy.

Other than these minor glitches, I really like it, and it is better than Hotspot Shield.

Note, I use it for browsing, and occasional email and forum logins...don't know how it works for Hulu, bittorrent and high bandwith stuff.

20. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Did you see the last post was 5 months ago? hehe... :argh:

Sheesh for a second there I wasn't paying attention to the date and I thought Spooony was back at it again on his Proxy Mission, LOL...

21. Spooony

Who said you must search? Have you ever heard of Charon?

22. Spooony

hahaha VPN's are a proxy as well :thumbd:

23. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

For me the thing I like about VPN's though is leaving my ISP in the dark as to where I surf.

Bear in mind I am referring to privacy from activity miners (ISP's, Google, and such) where I am not too concerned about HONEYPOTS.

24. marktor

marktor Registered Member

25. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for this. 300 MB/day is quite adequate for email and general browsing. I installed it on my laptop and the performance is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.