Safe web browsing from virtualbox snapshots

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by mack_guy911, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

hey guys i do something hope you guys also like it for safe browsing its pretty secure way and easy to use please comment

Safe web browsing from virtualbox snapshots is same kinda what

what deepfreeze or returnil give on windows

1st choose a linux distro which is default harden linux or at least decent secure easy to use

if not enough ram go for xfce base like xfce fedora or lxde base or puppy linux or small distros like VectorLinux .......etc

what i do is inside virtual-box make a snapshot of system after updates and security tweak and use it in virtual box load my system from snapshot it act like kinda returnil or deepfreeze every time i load it start from the time i created snapshot every thing else removed so created random snapshots of updates time to time and roll back if feel worried :))

2. mack_guy911

3. Luxeon

Luxeon Registered Member

Neat idea, thanks.

I use Puppy Multisession DVD sometimes: I will just do my business, but make sure NOT to save the session.

I was considering tweaking Puppy so that the browser can only access my banking sites, remaster it, and use it like a sort of "unchangeable session."

Your method above might be easier.

4. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

this is what I want! :D

does XFCE Fedora has SELinux?

5. mack_guy911

yes its same as fedora but with xfce interface :) there is also lxde interface

which is same as lubuntu (lxde of ubuntu) and xfce of ubuntu = xubuntu on core they are same but not very user friendly

for user friendly you can go for pclinux xfce and linux mint xfce they are pretty easy and if tweaked give you rock solid protection same as their gnome ones :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.