Quick questions about panda usb vaccine

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kupo, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Does it work on 64 bit system?
    Does it disable autorun for a standard user account?
    How can I know if it worked? Aside from the message your computer is vaccinated? I heard it inserts a registry key, where can I find it?
    Thanks in advanced :D

2. guest

guest Guest

3. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I meant the computer vaccination, not the usb :D. I'm trying to turn off autorun in my standard user account but I can't edit the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDriveTypeAutoRun. If I change it in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, which settings will take place?

4. guest

guest Guest

Anyway if I remember well it places hidden files in the root directory of your HD.

Take a look here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/27544-autoplay-enable-disable-autorun.html
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/disable-autorun-autoplay-in-windows-7/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

6. pbust

pbust AV Expert

The entry for the computer vaccionation is the following:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf
    @="@SYSDoesNotExist"
    As a correction to another post above, the computer vaccination does *not* add a hidden file of your system drive's root. Only the USB vaccination adds a special autorun.inf file to the USB root.

7. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Its disable by default. Otherwise go to the drives properties and disable it there. Just right click properties. its in there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.