Independent Review of AntiKeyLoggers

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by asr, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asr

asr Registered Member

Independent Review of AntiKeyLoggers

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in anyway with the following software which I have tested and reviewed. Nor do I receive any compensation for this review. My intentions are to aid and help the members choose on their own and add their own input on this software.
    ==========================================================

I have choosen 3 of the most prominent AntiKeyLoggers on the web to test which are:
    Zemana AntiKeyLoggers – SpyShelter and KeyScramber. Let me start off by saying all (3) are very good AntiKeyLoggers in their own right.

KeyScramber: You have (3) choices Personal -Premium – Professional.
    Personal is free which protects IE -Firefox and Flock includes online shopping banking and protects web email and most popular email clients. Premium and Professional which is the payed versions give you more protection covering over 170 plus applications and in the Professional over 120 window applications. KeyScramber is a all around effective AntiKeyLoggers,

KeyScrambler encrypts your keystrokes at the keyboard driver level and decrypts them at the destination application, giving keyloggers "scrambled," useless keys to record

SpyShelter: This AntiKeyLoggers takes it to a new level and approach. SpyShelter has (7) important features: Keylogger Protection -Webcam Logger Protection -AntiNetwork Spy Protection – Clipboard Logger Protection – Screen Logger Protection – System Defense (guards your registry) and Anti-Sound Logger. SpyShelter is a very effective AntiKeyLogger and does a good job.

*** Now 1 point I'd like to bring out on my testing which I found bothersome was SpyShelter had to many hooks, which I had to monitor and clean up the rules every so often. But all in all a good Anti-keyLogger.***

Zemana AntiLogger: Is a powerful AntiLogger I call it “set and forget” its protection console consists of: Anti-Keylogger – AntiScreen Logger – AntiWebcam Logger – AntiClipboard Logger and System Defence these are the heart and core of Zemana. Zemana does not reply on viruse signature updates or file scanning, it detects the malware and shuts it down. Zemana is proactive in its approach and provides a safe and effective Anti-Keylogger. What I liked personally is set and forget approach. It is my opinion only that Zemana technology is ahead of its time. Zemana like SpyShelter covers all the basis and protection you need.

The following are the keyloggers to test the above (3) Anti-Keyloggers on:

eBlaster 6.0
    CyberSitter
    NetNanny
    CyberPatrol

WebWatcher
    SpectorPro 6.0
    SpyAgent
    IamBigBrother
    Content Protect

The above (9) are considered to be the top of line keyloggers (monitors) I was able to use 3 of these softwares,installed them on my pc. All 3 of the Anti-keyLoggers protected my computer by detecting and neutralizing. Now I was able to access some underground sites and 3 out of 6 keyloggers were attempting to access my pc, the antikeyLoggers were able to protect my pc.

Conclusion:
    All (3) anti-keyLoggers are very effective means of combating keyloggers. It is my opinion that I rate these (3) anti-keyLoggers in this order.

1.) Zemana Anti-keyLogger
    2.) SpyShelter
    3.) KeyScramber
    The choice is yours........yours comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

there are free versions of both Keyscrambler and Spyshelter.

Zemana is not cheap unless you happen to find a promotion.
    personally, of the 3 i'd chose Keyscrambler because it is the less intrusive of the 3.
    of course, it won't prevent from getting a keylogger in the first place like the other 2 would.

there are many other ways of course to avoid getting keyloggers/malwares.

3. asr

asr Registered Member

Thanks for the comment moontran. Your right It slipped my mind on the free version from Spyshelter and KeyScrambler. Possibly Zemana can come up with a promo coupon on their software.

4. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Prevx SOL (facebook edition) and Trusteer Rapport are also free and reliable! Maybe you can test them also. Good job, since it seems that "info stealer" malware is the major problem nowadays. Is normaly simple to prevent and recover from purely "destructive" and non elusive malware (via imaging, virtualization, sandboxes...), but is harder to detect and avoid a "stealth" program that silently seats on your system without any fuzz and send your personal and finantial data over the web... about that kind of malware that kind of software, HIPS and restriction policies have a important place to role.

ps: sorry my poor english

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Just to clarify, did all of them succeed in protecting against all of you tested keyloggers? If not, can you provide the detection rates?

6. asr

asr Registered Member

Hi:
    JL to answer your question of the (3) key loggers I installed on my pc all (3) anti-key loggers did protect my computer. They were also successful on detecting the drive by key loggers trying to access my PC. I am planning on testing all (9) out time permitting and compiling tests results I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the post appreciate you comments as well as all the members.

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks for testing:thumb:

8. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

Hi could i run Zemana AntiLogger and KeyScramber premium o_O or would there be a conflict ??

9. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

The question is why would you want to run both. You only need one.

10. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

KeyScramber premium encrypts as i type right, And zemana protects against other threats not covered by keyscrambler o_O

11. asr

asr Registered Member

Hi the sly dog:
    To answer your question its advisable to run only 1 anti-key logger as there may be a conflict. Now as for Zemana judge for yourself here is the URL hope this helps you.:)

http://zemana.com/AntiloggerOverview.aspx

12. asr

asr Registered Member

Hi Mootan:a 25%
    I was able to find this link that may help you. Zemana has 25% off the regular price if your interested.

https://zemana.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=2207786

13. moontan

moontan Registered Member

14. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Thanks for the test

15. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

There is no conflict between Zemana and keyscrambler, nor really should there be. One product encodes keystrokes and the other detects keylogging attempts. I've been using both together for about 2 years and have done personal testing of this combo vs keyloggers both known and unknown. They coexist happily.

16. asr

asr Registered Member

Thanks cruelsister for the info appreciate your input. Good heads up on your part:)

17. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

18. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Correct :D

19. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Hello, is any of you using keyscrambler personal? I noticed that whenever I pressed the control button, keyscrambler will be disabled for a bit, then will become activated once I start typing again. I'm using firefox 4. :D. I also posted it in the KeyScrambler review thread. :D

20. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

As it comes to the top three, is there any of them that is good out of the box, or do you have to tweak all of them to make them really tight?

21. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Interesting. I have Keyscrambler-Pro now installed in all my units. But I have just got a license for Zemana from a friend. Is Zemana a lifetime license or just a year only? (sorry have not read the email as it needed to be translated).

Can someone point me towards a user-guide I can download that I can read it in my spare time? The site doesn't have one and just an online FAQ(similar to Online Armor no pdf).

Does Zemana have any conflicts with other security apps?

Have been with KeyScrambler Pro since last year and it's light, and yes, can co-exist with Prevx(in laptop).

22. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

To answer some of your questions:

1). The license is for 1 year. I'm not sure if it starts ticking from when it is issued or when it is installed.
    2). There is an adequate user manual in pdf at their site:

http://zemana.com/download/Products/AntiLogger/UserManual.pdf

3). I really can't foresee any conflicts with other AM products. Personally I've had it installed from time to time with a diverse bunch of AV Suites, Geswall, Defensewall, and as I've stated above Keyscrambler without any issues.

It is also quite light on the system (never really taking any CPU time and currently utilizing ~1600K. I've also checked the uninstall routine and it cleans itself up quite nicely.

I should add one thing- although generally very quiet, it does tend to give an alert on the installation of Firefox Nightlies (or at least did- I've given up on the nightly builds for the last few months).

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  23. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Nice testing asr! Around the first of the year I was able to grab a free Zemana license. Shortly there after someone, somewhere posted it was available for $9 and then last week Gizmodo had it for free on his site I believe. If you look at the MRG tests you can see that it is indeed quite the product and much more than an anti-keylogger. I love it, it never misses a trick. Remembers settings really well too! I'd spend $9 on it in a heart beat. Hoping to see a promo in eight or nine months!

24. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Will check out the link.

25. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I don't see why anyone would use one unless they have a very specific reason to think that they have a keylogger OR if they need it for some kind of business account that they absolutely can not risk and believe will be targeted.

This type of security assumes that you're infected. If you actually think that you're infected stop doing anything on the computer and start cleaning it up/ reimage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.