Can only trial ESS twice in a Lifetime?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by trial and error, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

I was a die hard ESET enthusiast from the time I discovered them and woke up to the inferoity of the "#1 product" right after win XP SP1 came out until ESS early versions frustrated me.
    Honestly, I've trialed ESS twice since my license expired in the fall of `09.
    For reasons we probably all have encountered with security products; connectivity issues, repeated lost fw rules, high cpu usage, seeing the same issue unresolved for months.... I'm looking towards ESET again.
    They wouldn't let me try the latest ESS because I had tried the version from last summer.

Long winded today, but I'm curious if any of y'all know if when v5 does come out I'll be able to try it before I fork out the money.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Absolutely, it will be a Free BETA period just as usual AFAIK....testing testing testing :thumb:

3. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

You can only have one 30 day trial per email. You cannot use the same email address again. Testing is testing :thumb:

4. trial and error

Thanks
    Yea a beta is way different than a current version trial, I will accept thier point of view on this LethalBoy, and hope you're correct SweX.
    Kinda stinks that they won't recognize my "E" as that of a five year or so paid user. Even so ESET was my favorite and a lot of the settings were still familiar in ESS.
    The software I switched to was excellent in the `09 &`10 versions but since then not so much.
    I'll keep up to date on their beta site untill then.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you tried calling ESET North America's sales department at +1 (866) 343-3738 during office hours to explain your situation? Perhaps they can further assist you with obtaining a trial license.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. trial and error

Aryeh
    Yes I did thanks, not sure if it was that exact phone number. The guy told me one trial only, like maybe they don't need the business.
    That second trial that I did last fall was only because I spoke with someone there that manually sent me a code then. I had told them the same thing that I said here in the opening post.

After the refusal earlier this week that west coast office sent me a "thank you for being a trial user" e-mail. I replied to them that I won't buy unless I can try first, not in a malicious manner. I'm not mad about this, I'm perplexed. It is a different version than the one I tried that made a phantom user account on my Win7 x64 rig.

Got 500+ days left on my current protection, I can live with that for a bit longer if I have to, but I'll have to try v5 when it hits the air-waves.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

my take, you trial it once then come back and trial it again. You must have liked it so buy it. It is a stellar product and you dont need another trial.o_O

8. trial and error

Nope didn't like either, that's why I didn't buy.
    In fairness one was on win7beta or rc the other on retail win7 `bout a year apart. Either way it was still a new os for security firms.

NC huh?
    Cam is on his way, maybe Smitty will want to stay now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.