Questions about Keriver Free 1-Click Restore

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ExtremeGamerBR, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Wow, the latest version is excellent, perfect!

I liked that there is now a translation for the PT/BR, butwould like to to make some corrections because it has many errors ...

If you want to contact me (via PM) and I try to make corrections!

Thanks for a great product! :thumb:

2. timcan

timcan Registered Member

This is aimed @ 2010freesoho but anyone that knows pls reply.
    I'm a 1 click pro user ver 3.0. There is an advanced option in the restore to 'Restore in file mode'.What exactly does this do that a regular restore doesn't doo_O? I don't believe that was in the v2. Thanks

3. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the help. I have sent a PM to you.

Thanks again.

4. 2010freesoho

Hi,
    In normal mode, the restoration will overwrite all the data on the system drive.
    But, sometimes, you don't want to overwrite the system drive. Alternatively, you just want to restore some files and folders. In this case, you can use the "Restore in file mode" option.

Thanks.

5. ExtremeGamerBR

As soon as I get time, I will work on it! :thumb:

6. 2010freesoho

Thank you so much! :)

7. ExtremeGamerBR

2010freesoho,

You should probably know or have at least heard of Rollback RX (Or EAZ-Fix), how about you change the screen that appears on boot by a similar to theirs?

Would be far more beautiful and more practical to use.

Just a suggestion.

Best regards

8. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

+1 :thumb: :thumb:

By the way, the only little annoyance I have with this last version (5.1 build 2696088442, french localization) is that I cannot find a way to make the tray bar Icon to work on my system. But it could certainly be me that just don't see the right way to make it appear...

Anyways, I'm on Window 7 X64.

edit:oops, I should have read the thread's title more attentively, because i'm talking here of Keriver Image 5.1 , sorry for the confusion :ouch: (but my stated problem above is truely there ;) )
    And please note that I forgot to say that the executable FlcMonitor is reported as running by my process monitor...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  9. 2010freesoho

Hi ruinebabine,
    The tray icon is already displayed at the center of the popuped dialog.

Thanks.

10. ruinebabine

Hello 2010freesoho, thanks for replying.

Well, it's probably due to my frenchie handicap but I don't get the meaning of your answer, truely sorry about that.

Actually, I am not sure of what is this K-Image's "popuped dialog" that you are talking about, in the present context. Would it be possible to maybe show me the colored jacket of this very icon please? Or/and, do you see it somewhere in my above screenshot (where you can see all the active system tray icons at this time) ?

But all this is no more than a little strange annoyance for me...

By the way, Mr Keriver, thanks for your time spent here and your great program.

11. ruinebabine

OK, please forget me: I can see it now :oops: :blink:

I was blind for it just because there is no program name indication when I hover my mouse on this icon. It says that there is no planned task at this time, I did not try clicking on this icon, as I very badly thought that it was the Windows Task Scheduler's tray icon :blink: :D

K-Image_icon.png

Sorry for that.

12. 2010freesoho

Hi ruinebabine,
    No need to say sorry. In fact, maybe we should modify the message when the mouse hover on the icon.

Thanks.

13. ruinebabine

Merci bien 2010freesoho for the Keriver Image new release (v5.2 Build 2696301206).

I am downloading this jewel and will give her a ride asap :)

edit-

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  14. ruinebabine

Do we now have to uninstall first, when upgrading to the latest v5.2 release?

I installed the latest and it shows v5.1 again now (same numbering in the About screen) :
    Ker-Image51.png

--
    edit-
    Please also take note that there is some phrasing's truncations in the left column and in some other GUI areas... (I am using a 1680 x 1050 resolution with fonts at 125%)
    As an example it should read as "Créer média de récupération"

15. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Did you download your copy from cnet? The copy available there is still v5.1.

I got Keriver Image v5.2 from a different source, uninstalled & reinstalled.

Attached Files:

16. ruinebabine

Thanks much smith2006, I did the same and 5.2 is now installed !

But it seems that it was not able to modify the MBR.
    Appguard was off, does WinPatrol block this kind of change ??

Keriver_error.png

17. smith2006

Although AppGuard is off, the MBRGuard is still protecting (unless you have disabled it).

In order to properly install Keriver Image, you need to disable MBRGuard in AppGuard (I am also an AppGuard User).

After successfully installed, then enable MBRGuard again.

Hope this help.

Attached Files:

18. ruinebabine

Yess, very helpful smith2006 !
    I fellowed your precise instructions and, guess what, it did work like a horse indeed :)
    Version 5.2 is now perfectly installed. Thank you very much for the help.

And, as a bonus with this new release 5.2, the words truncations reported earlier is a thing of the past. Pretty neat GUI. Thanks to the developer :thumb:

19. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Ruinebabine,

Can you please give the downlaod link for v5.2.

Would like to check it out again!

Best regards,

KOR!

20. ruinebabine

Hi King of Rapture,

It would be a pleasure, but it was smith2006 that was kind anough to send me this link.

Maybe could you ask him about it by PM?

21. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

It is not a biggee, nor it is a secret.

Mr. River should fix the link so his customers and potential future customers can download the recent built of Keriver Image v5.2 Build 2696301206.

Thanks, but no thanks!

22. smith2006

No worry, I am glad it helped in solving your problem. :)

Actually I made the same mistake before finding out the reason. :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  23. 2010freesoho

Hi All,
    Thank all of you for reminding me the wrong link of Keriver Image. I have fixed it right now.
    Thanks again.

Best,
    River

24. zitzit

zitzit Registered Member

Hello,

I have been trialing Keriver 1CR Pro, for a week, and i 'm thinking about purchasing it.

I have a couple of questions, though:

1. Can the zhbackup.ego files be modified -in any way- by a (Windows?) application/process other than RescueMain.exe? The reason i 'm asking is because 3/6 of the zhbackup.ego files have been created/modified/accessed a day after they have been taken, according to their general properties tab. Has locking/unlocking shapshots anything to do with this? BTW, does the locking/unlocking snapshots feature only prevent/permit snapshot deletion? Furthermore, is it possible to manually/accidentally delete the zhbackup.ego file of a locked snapshot?

2. Does K1CR Pro back up the ENTIRE system partition? Is it like a lightweighted version of Keriver Image, only for system partition imaging? If not, would KI be more beneficial regarding only system partition imaging? Finally, if i ever decide to "upgrade" to KI, would i have to uninstall K1CR Pro (and would KI be able to restore K1CR snapshots)?

Well... more than "a couple of questions"... :D

25. ruinebabine

The dev. will probably chime in shortly to asnwer your questions (or you could send him a pm) but from my little experience with Keriver Image (KI), and from what I previously read from the developer, KI backups all data of the system partition where the Windows is located on.

And I would say that you don't have to uninstall K1CR Pro first when installing KI (or, at least, I tried and for me it worked) but I would not push my luck and always prefer install this important kind of software the more cleanly/safely possible. Reliability have to be the first feature and we should not make it at risk.

And yes KI is able to make use of K1CR, but I don't see why woul want to have both installed together on same system because KI is capable of doing all what it's little brother do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.