I can't manually stop a triggered scheduled task

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Emil, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emil

Emil Registered Member

Hi everybody!

I'm coming back with my annoyed post...

As I've promised in https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27154, I have to put on our "table" another (little) problem...What to do if:
    1. I have an old and without proc and RAM resources PC
    +
    2. I've scheduled a (big) task -that means an entire 40GB HDD
    +
    3.I'm verry hurried to do something in that moment
    +
    4. the above mentioned task has being to be triggered and I'm moving very slow to load my application
    AND
    5. I CAN'T MANUALLY STOP THE NOD32 JOB!!!!
    :ninja:

2. Emil

Emil Registered Member

and, as is not enough, IMON don't detect an EICAR TEST FILE packed two times: one normally rar and secondary selfextract. I coming soon with the thread.

3. Emil

Emil Registered Member

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Emil,

There is no need to start a new thread for something u have already stated here in your above post. :rolleyes:

Therefore i will lock your other thread so to keep all replies to this subject in this thread.

snowbound

5. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    Yes, it's true, maybe ESET will implement such feature.
    For now, you can stop the task manually using Control+Alt+Supr and kill the process.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you need to terminate a scheduled scanning task, just schedule a task that will run nod32.exe with desired parameters as an external application.

7. Emil

Emil Registered Member

Your ideea it's ok only if I use a single profile at that time for one single schedule. But I have some schedules (scanning only in Program Files, Docs and Sets or temp Internet files) which have different profiles.

For that time, sir carrew have a good way to resolving thid issue for me.

Thanks to all!

Now let me know what is to say about the problem with EICAR packed file?

"HI everybody!!

I don't know how much should affect the bellow problem:

IMON don't detect an EICAR TEST FILE packed two times: one normally rar and secondary selfextract.

Let me know" https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=164063#post164063 (the thread was locked)

8. Emil

Emil Registered Member

I understood. So nobody have answer for "this". Too bad. At this time nod programmers have to work. Any body can fake the NOD sending this kind of combined package. What do you thinko_O Where is the advanced heuristic at this time? Did you tried my experiment? Try yourself!
    Pack an EICAR with RAR, afterwards pack again the package, making it selfextract. Send it by e-mail to your self. You will see :))
    The guys from EICAR web page didn't think to do this themself? Maybe I'm wrong.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 does not scan self-extracting files yet, hence NOD32 didn't spring into action. In such case, even advanced heuristics is of no use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.