Dial UP

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by nikanthpromod, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Hii
    im using broadband connection which requires username and password via dialup for entering. But when i used LnS it detected my LAN network and when i tried to login via dialup i saw LnS is blocking it. Then i checked Network in LnS and unchecked Automatic network detection . Now it worked. i logged in via Dialup . Now the problem is its monitoring my LAN not dialup ip. Then i went to shields up for checking. then i saw my ports are closed and open:doubt: .
    How can i use LnS??

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi,

Would be nice to see what Look ‘n’ Stop was actually blocking while ‘Automatic Network detection’ was being used.

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

problem solved:D .
    in the options i unchecked automatic selection and clicked WAN miniport IP which was that dialup connection. Now LnS is monitoring without any problem.
    Shields up full stealth with enhaced ruleset.

But why LnS autmatically not deactivating windows firewall?
    why its blocking new applications without asking when password protected LnS??

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

There really should be, though currently there's not..., a option for the installation process to allow disabling of the Windows Firewall.

Not familiar with the password protection, but while she’s locked, no changes can be made, for wanted changes you need to unlock (for security purposes).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.