Systemwide encryption

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Dregg Heda, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Are there any programs that offer system wide encryption for mac OS X? I have windows installed via bootcamp. Would it be possible to use truecrypt to encrypt the entire system via windows. Would it screw with how the mac is set up? I usually prefer booting into the mac partition.

Also does anyone have any experience with lojack for mac. Is it any good? Thanks.

2. Dregg Heda

3. katio

katio Guest

4. Dregg Heda

I'm still not clear if true crypt would screw with my set up. I prefer booting into the OSX partition most of the time. Anyone with any experience in encrypting their macs with true crypt via bootcamp.

5. katio

katio Guest

PGP Whole Disk Encryption supports bootcamp, last time I checked Truecrypt doesn't work because it expects Windows on the first partition. It would probably only work with single booting Windows.

6. Dregg Heda

Damn I was really hoping Truecrypt would work via bootcamp. Im not really willing to pay I want a free but trustable option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.