Free 1 Year Trend Micro Titanium IS 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by whitedragon551, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks man;)

3. whitedragon551

I guess while we are here any comments on Titanium? Detection rates, resource usage, configuration, etc.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

gimme a little while WD. Just loaded up a new snapshot for it and getting ready to install and test. I was a early beta tester and loved the orginal beta, but it got bloated along the way. will report later, heck, it is free.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

free is always good;)

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

ok, 2 words. It sucks! From A to Z. take the KIS offer.

7. whitedragon551

Going to need more than a It Sucks.

8. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! WhiteDragon551...I was a beta tester for Titanium Maximum Security...and Trend in appreciation gave me a yrs. license. I had previously used Trend Micro Security Pro 2010...and it had a dedicated firewall...and the user could tweek and customize the various settings to their specifications. The Cloud based product was in my opinion rushed to market prematurely. First off the pricing is simply not of this world...$79.95...without a firewall and complete lack of customizing scans...and settings. The Trend Forums are chock full of stories of dissatisfied users...and I failed to mention back in the first week of September Trend Maximum just turned itself off and disconnected from the internet for no apparent reason. It's an application that has to be rethought and reconfigured...and most importantly re-priced. I'm using Avast 5.0-Pro and in my opinion it's what Trend Titanium should aspire to be. Sincerely...Securon

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

used the trend micro internet security and it was just good;) but the only thing it was alitle bloated

10. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

suckiness redefined:D

11. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

The last time TM had a promo like this they killed the license keys for everyone that got in on the promo IIRC and then handed them out again, but more securely.

12. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Trend...has jumped the Black Friday queue...and is currently selling it's Titanium Security Maximum at $39.95...This pricing should be retained as it's Everyday Pricing. And as I previously mentioned no Firewall...and dubious malware detection and Cleanup of an already infected machine. That's the downside to Cloud Technology. But if your adventurous and have a clean machine...it might prove to be if nothing else...interesting. Sincerely...Securon

13. moontan

moontan Registered Member

sounds like quite the ringing endorsement there. ;)

14. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

This line of products by Trend Micro is a huge let down. They call it an internet security suite but have no firewall...
    The behaviour analysis/blocking in the 2011 versions seems to be non-existant compared to 2010. To top that off, we've all seen how bad their detection rates are.
    The only thing they have going for them is their web guard, other than that their new products are absolutely horrendous. There's not much more to say about it then that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.