Taskhost.exe

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cavehomme, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavehomme

cavehomme Registered Member

What are the normal reasons for taskhost.exe needing to request an outgoing internet access please? Pardon my ignorance.

The background is that a couple of weeks I noticed on the latest version of CIS that I was getting alerts to taskhost.exe requesting outbound access and to an IP in Nederlands (I am in a nearby country), but not especially identified as a Microsoft address. Carried out several scans including CIS, Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, Prevx and MSE but all report clean. I am potentially concerned of having a rootkit so for the time being all my online financial transaction are being carried out on Linux Mint with AppArmor enabled rather than my default boot of Win 7 32 bit.

Appreciate any clarification, thanks.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

http://searchtasks.answersthatwork.com/tasklist.php?File=Taskhost
    If you are infected with a root kit its better to scan with a bootable
    antivirus cd/dvd to avoid hiding anything from operating system.

3. cavehomme

cavehomme Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. Can you suggest any such AV? The only boot up one that I have used previously is Avast but that requires installation on the PC and I guess the rootkit could avoid that.

UPDATE: I just realised that I already have KIS and for which I created a rescue disk a long time ago.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.