KPF4, is it the time to start using it?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by minacross, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

I used kpf4 before and found that it's a blotware..
    is the last version better the the previous one? is it the time to start using it or should I stick with ver. 2.1.5 ?

2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Totally agree with blitzenzeus

I am staying with my version 2. tried 4 several times but it just doesn't do it right.

too many lttle niggles and problems

staying with 2 for now and will thinnk baout 4 when they finally get it right.

4. BlitzenZeus

When they finally get it right? :D

They keep adding features, but don't make them work as well as possible before working on new feature. They shouldn't have taken out of beta so quickly, and they shouldn't throw new beta features into full release software, they should have beta versions with the new features to make sure they are fully working before making it final release. From conversations with another person we came to the realization that they really don't fully know what they are doing, and this not the original team that worked on Kerio/Tiny 2.x by any means. I'm not sure if any of the original team is with the company anymore, or at least on the firewall project.

5. minacross

minacross Registered Member

I hoped it got better :(
    thanx guys

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Guest

Kerio 4.xx is interesting, but I find it to be somewhat awkward compared to 2.1.5. I'd stick with 2.1.5 if I were you. 4.xx is also very lacking in logging. You can't see what's really going on as it won't log packets to unopened ports like 2.1.5 does. And 4.xx doesn't really offer much new either. 2.1.5 is simply the best...

7. BlitzenZeus

The logging issue really bothers me also, it seems they want to built a firewall for idiots, not people who expect the firewall to do everything it should. Even with the gateway feature enabled, you still can't log traffic to unopened ports.... Horrible firewall design....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.