Clarity needed on product differences. Please.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by HPepper, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HPepper

HPepper Registered Member

I think I've finally decided on using Paragon for my system imaging goals. Unfortunately, I'm overwhelmed by the choices from within the Paragon family. I've had a few free download opportunities (GAOTD, etc.) and am not sure which app I need. It looks like each one would work for my cloning, but I'd rather just know which one is the most complete and robust and go with that. I assume that there's a decent amount of redundancy among my choices. All I'm really looking for is something to do monthly differential image backups.

Here's what I've got installed:
    • Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition
    • Drive Backup 9.5 Professional Editiion
    • Drive Copy 10 Personal SE

I also see that there's a free download for Backup & Recovery 2010 Free Advanced. Is that virtually the same as the Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition that I have, or should I install it in favor of my 10 version?

Thanks a bunch.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Drive Backup 9.5 Professional Edition is most complete program you have. I suppose, it is renamed old build of 10 version. It should have option for sector level backup (disk or partition), file level backup (files & folders), differential backups and incremental backups. + scheduled tasks + all basic partitioning operations (create\format\delete) + copy operations. No free updates.

Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition is older than Backup & Recovery 2010 Free Advanced. Both contain only basic backup options: partition\disk backup, scheduled tasks + cyclic backup wizard and basic partitioning operations + free updates

Drive Copy is useless if you want to backup your data . It is specific tool for copying, which means that you can copy entire HDD (target hard disk will be wiped) or partition (requires unallocated \free space on target HDD).

I would recommend you to use Drive Backup 9.5 Pro. It doesn't contain fresh bug fixing, but works correctly for all common tasks.

3. HPepper

HPepper Registered Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me such a detailed response. Very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.