Can I post anonymously?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by TheMozart, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Every single anonymous website service I have used has failed to allow me to post a message on topix. The reason is that none of them show the IMAGE that is needed to be seen to post numbers before you are allowed to post a message.

To see what I mean, go to topix.com and you will see the IMAGE to the right of the words, "Type the numbers you see in the image on the right" is missing!!!

Anyone know of a website that works and shows the IMAGE?

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

3. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Do you have JavaScript disabled? You need to allow www.topix.com

4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Tor don't work with Topix. Try posting a message yourself and notice it won't post properly and not appear!

5. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I can post on topix as my javascript is ON! BUT I cannot post using an anonymous website because they never work! I have tried websites such as hidemyass and proxify etc, but I cannot post a message on topix successfully as they never work properly!

Can you post a message successfully on topix using an anonymous browser or anonymous website? If so, prove it please.

6. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

7. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

8. hierophant

o_O It sure does. See the link that I posted.

That's hard to say. It could be them, or your connection.

9. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

I can also see the numbers using Xerobank.....You just need to have javascript enabled.

10. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

Haha nice. You didn't even look at his post, you just flat out say it doesn't work without even looking. Funny stuff.

11. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I said I have tried Xerobank before, in the past, it wouldn't allow me to post messages on topix. But then I thought I would go and try the very latest version, but the website is broken.

When I try to visit xerobank.com it times out and I cannot use the website. It's always broken though, the xerobank website, always crashes.

12. hierophant

OK, I get it. Yes, much of xerobank.com does seem to be unavailable currently. Perhaps they're switching over to the new site (or not). The anonymity checker works, which is all I use these days. And my VPN/email accounts still work fine.

Anyway, trust me, one can see the CAPTCHA on topix.com via XeroBank VPN, and post comments. I have come across one website that blocked some XeroBank exit IPs, FWIW.

13. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

NO, Xerobank does not work.

For example, go to topix and press on REPLY to someone's post, and you always get this message, "The Topix page you requested was not found"

In addition, I never see the IMAGE, next to the words, "Type the numbers you see in the image on the right"

So why are you saying you see the IMAGE when I cannot see it?

Are you using TOR or the PAID ACCOUNT for Xerobank?

According to OPTIONS in Xerobank, Javascript is enabled by default.

But this is what I see when I try to post messages, NOTICE the IMAGE needed to post messages is BLANK!!

http://i53.tinypic.com/25ppl49.jpg

But Xerobank says at bottom, "Scripts currently forbidden". Why does it say that when in options Javascript is selected and should be working! Is this a flaw/bug in Xerobank?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  14. hierophant

Because I can. See my reply to LOL.

Paid.

Maybe that's a Tor thing. FWIW, I don't use the xB browser any more.

15. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Why don't you use it anymore? Can you give it to me then? :) Because the TOR Xb Browser is useless!:thumbd:

16. hierophant

XeroBank is a paid VPN, using OpenVPN. For me, it costs $35 per month. All internet traffic (including DNS lookups) uses the VPN, and I make sure of that via firewall rules (using the shorewall app for configuring iptables in Ubuntu, per XeroBank instructions).

I can use any browser I like with XeroBank. The xB browser is just a hardened version of Firefox that Steve created some years ago. It has a Tor plugin, but that's totally separate from its functioning with the XeroBank VPN. The xB browser is available for free from the XeroBank website. FWIW, I typically use Firefox plus Adblock Plus, NoScript, RefControl (set to spoof), BetterPrivacy, Redirect Remover and OptimizeGoogle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.