Coranti Antivirus and Antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Dermot7, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

2. m0unds

m0unds Guest

Re: Coranti Antivirus and Antisptware

odd combination of engines..haha

3. andylau

andylau Registered Member

The VIPRE engine seems dropped.:argh:

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Yeh tried... pretty heavy still....

5. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

quite mediocre engines IMO... except from BD (which is basically everywhere) that has an average performance...

6. newone

newone Registered Member

hi, i am using it found it to be very good. :)

7. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Good at what?

8. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

The uninstall was smooth:thumb:

9. Coranti

Coranti Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I'm part of the Coranti team and decided to register, hoping for some feedback of the posters here. Feedback from users is essentail to us so if I can contribute in any way to get more feedback from the people in here, then I'd love find out why. I'm just wondering if the people here feel that the idea behind Coranti - being protected by four engines - is an interesting idea (and if not, why not?) and if you think it is, what should we change in order for you to use it.

Also, if it's not software you use, would you recommend it to someone who might be able to take advantage of our software (why (not) )?

I'm able to give away 2-3 serials to those who are willing to give us some quality feedback, if you want one, please send me a PM.

I'm looking forward to receive your responses (if any :) )

If you want to try it yourself, head over to our website: http://www.coranti.com

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  10. gery

gery Registered Member

i would like to know whether all of them work at the same time (real time)
    and if yes what impact that would have in the system. Is it possible to switch between engines? i mean choose which to use.
    thanx Gery

edit ;got some idea from here http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/reviews/89321.aspx but not all my questions are answered especially on its consumption

11. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Which four engines your antivirus uses? Please name the engines to help us build trust on Coranti. Does they are integrated at base code level to prevent crashes, slowdowns, and other unexpected errors? Is there any file cache mechanism to speed up scan? How you manage FPs of four engines?

12. Coranti

Hi Gery,

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, they all work at the same time, real time. of course there is a pay off, but the software monitors your usage and adapts it's load accordingly. You can turn on & off every engine according to your wishes.

Does that answer your questions? If not, don't hestiate to tell me I didn't make it clear enough ;)

13. atomomega

BitDefender, F-Prot, Norman and Lavasoft. According to their site: -http://www.coranti.com/product/-

@Coranti
    I do have 2 questions:
    1) Besides the number of engines, what you guys consider make you different from the other multi-engine apps (like Emsisoft, G-Data, Trustport)? 2) Do you guys implement any kind of in-house technology for behavioural analysis or zero-day detection?

Thank you.

14. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I have found Coranti quite excellent during my initial tests/review. Little bit heavy as compared to single engine products, but as far as detection is concerned.. Its AWESOME ...

If i have to choose the engines for my RT, then i would choose Bit-Defender and Lavasoft for Real-time protection and all four for on-demand scanning and that too in extreme cases.

15. Coranti

@BoyFriend & atomomega,

Thank you for your questions. I will answer your questions as soon as possible. Have to check with the developers to see what part of their tricks they want to reveal :)

I fully understand you want to know more before you install it. Did I also mention that you don't have to uninstall your current anti-virus product, if it's on this list:

http://www.coranti.com/news/coranti-antivirus-and-antispyware-v1-1-7/

16. Coranti

Hi BF ;)

As stated above, we use the following four engines:

• Norman
    • F-Prot
    • Bitdefender
    • Lavasoft

The code is done in C/C++ and our architecture is optimized to deal with any errors or conflicts, as you will find out when you use it :)

We use a file cache mechanism to speed up the process indeed and we deal with false positives just like with a single engine. Scanning is stopped when the first engine detects the threat.

Does what answer your questions?

17. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Which Panda did you test it with? Panda AV PRO, Panda Cloud, Panda Internet Security? If it really can run along side your current AV that should make pne powerful set of 5 AV engines protecting you.

18. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks Coranti for answers. Thanks for changelog. Kaspersky is among the compatible list. You test it with KIS 2011 CF1? Nice to see VB100 June 2010 award. Please also submit your product to PC MAG for review. Please share a snap of task manager showing number of Coranti processes, CPU & RAM usage, and I/O read/write.
    After reading description of Coranti, it will be interesting to test Coranti Antivirus and Antisptware...

19. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Those are major concerns when I hear that an av is using multiple engines.

20. Coranti

Hi guys, some answers to your questions:

• For both on-demand (i.e. you start a scan) and on-access (i.e. realtime protection checking files that are accessed) all 4 engines can be individually turned on/off. This allows you to fine tune it.
    • Coranti has advanced heuristic settings for unknown/zero-day malware handling that fully utilizes the different heuristic strategies from the engines
    • Choice of engines: The strength comes from concurrently applying engines that have different strengths. It’s the combined power that ensures the outstanding detection rates that testers and users are witnessing.
    • Memory/CPU usage is quite system dependant, so all we can say is to try it out (we have a 30-day free trial)

Thanks everyone for your interest!

We also published news about our software regarding the latest VirusBTN test: http://www.coranti.com/news/coranti-scores-excellent-detection-level/

21. Arin

Arin Registered Member

A suggestion, please participate in AV-Test and AV-Comparatives tests. Once the results come out good, you will see a sudden spike in your user database. :D

22. Coranti

We look forward to participating in AV-Test and AV-Comparatives in the near future.

23. atomomega

@Coranti
    Thanks. One more question, what are the versions of your 4 engines? (what's the version of each one)

24. Coranti

The definitions are the latest and continuously auto-updated by default. The engine versions themselves are those made available by the engine manufacturers.

25. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Another question for the dev team. If it uses the Lavasoft engine is it the Lavasoft engine that also has the Sunbelt malware database built into it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.