Prevx vs new SpyShelter TestTool

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by shadek, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Konata Izumi:

Yeah, see, there shouldn't even be any letters or even non-understandable signs there! You also have that same issue (although I have a lot more letters instead of odd signs everywhere).

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

There have been a lot of back-and-forth posts in this thread so just to clarify - if anyone is having any problems, please send me a PM and I can get a remote session scheduled :)

For what it's worth, some keyboards and some languages will not work with SafeOnline just because of how the characters are sent across. This is a known limitation but unfortunately rather fundamental in order to retain compatibility. As I mentioned in an earlier post, some of the screen grabber/clipboard grabber protection cannot be loaded on x64 because of PatchGuard.

shadek - I'll send you a PM in about 30 mins to start a remote session :) Just preparing things on my end here - let me know if another time would be more convenient!

3. PrevxHelp

The non-understandable signs are normal - some keyboards send different characters and some characters aren't protected (i.e. backslashes, for example).

4. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I see! I know this might be a compatibility issue. A remote session would probably clarify whether or not that's the case. At least I get to know why SO behaves the way it does and hopefully the devs behind Prevx will get more information about the issue. :)

5. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

im not concerned about those non-understanable signs.. its a :thumb:

I'm concerned about of stability of safeonline
    because there was one time my keystrokes were logged perfectly even though SafeOnline tab is green :<

but right now everything works fine. ^^

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Just tried on a Win7 x86 VM without EMET and with IE9 beta and Opera 10.62(FF 4 beta is not supported.) Letters and numbers are blocked from logging, however, numbers on the numpad not. Clipboard and screenshots are blocked correctly. After that I installed EMET and put everything on Max, EMET'ed iexplore.exe, opera.exe and prevx.exe. Rebooted and tried again, now the tool was able to make screenshots. Keylogging and clipboard stealing the same as without EMET.

7. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Problem resolved by the help of the one and only, Joe! He'll post here soon with some more information. Great support as always! Now I'm fully satisfied and once Joe or TH decides this thread is not necessary, feel free to close it. :)

8. PrevxHelp

Thanks for your time and patience as well! I'll close this thread for now - if anyone is having persistent problems, please send me a PM and I can send you this new test version as it is hard to speculate without having a hands-on-session :)

Regarding EMET: it performs some hooking/unhooking within the OS and will generally cause other security programs to function differently. We haven't looked too closely at it yet but will be working on alternative protection when it is enabled.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.