Nitro PDF Reader 1.3.0.24 Beta

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AvinashR, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Nitro PDF Reader - free, fast, powerfull and secure. Control how you interact with PDF files in a bloat-free package. Create PDF files from over 300 different formats, comment and review, save PDF forms, extract text and images, type text directly onto the page, and more. Start working with PDF files the way you always wanted.

Nitro Reader offers a range of powerful tools to extract text and images, allowing you to work with PDF in a way you probably didn't think possible in a free reader. PDF isn't just an ISO standard — it's the digital document standard. Work confidently and expect full two-way compatibility with all common solutions.

* Nitro PDF Creator (virtual printer): extends PDF creation to all applications capable of printing.
    * PDF Preview: integrates a preview window in Microsoft Outlook™ and Windows Explorer (Windows Vista™ and later only) to instantly view the content of PDF files without needing to save and open in Nitro Reader.
    * Product Improvement Program: gathers anonymous statistics about usage patterns and click sequences, to help us improve Nitro Reader's tool functionality and user interface based on your live use of the product.

OS Home: Windows®XP SP3, Vista SP2, 7 (x86 and x64 editions)
    OS Server: Windows Server 2003, 2008 SP1, 2008 R2 (x86 and x64 editions)

Homepage - http://www.nitroreader.com

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Does this uninstall cleanly? I seem to remember reading about difficulties in this regard.

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Haven't tried it yet .. :p

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i use revo for everything, and it seems to uninstall just fine for me.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

it puts stuff everywhere. so unless you can manually search around and clean your registry dont bother. the uninstaller simply removes the desktop icon and the main program folder but leaves everything else....

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Yes, there are uninstall problems. In my case (Windows 7 x64), uninstall did not work because it could not close a file (Preview Handler Surrogate Host). It does not matter to me, because I was trying it under Returnil, so I reboot and Nitro "disappears".

I also noticed that it became the default PDF viewer without asking for a permission.

Back to my default, PDF-XChange Viewer.

7. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I tried very hard to find what I thought I had read about Nitro writing to the MBR but I can't find it :oops: but since others have had some extent of problems in uninstalling, it will remain an avoid for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.