Prevx And Malicious Scripts

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by dw426, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

As a paid user of Prevx+SafeOnline wanting to cut down on security measures/apps, I was wondering if either/both Prevx and SafeOnline protected against malicious scripts, possibly even Cross Scripting and such naughtiness. I'm reaching a point as a Firefox user where things such as NoScript just get tiresome.

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I'm not sure, but with NoScript there is an option to allow scripts globally, so not annoying to the user anymore and then it still protects against other things, from NoScript blog:

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

NoScript does cover some additional area that SafeOnline doesn't cover, in that it by default just blocks every script, but that sacrifices quite a bit of usability as you've experienced. You would probably still receive some benefit from using NoScript alongside SafeOnline but SafeOnline will already block known bad websites (and Firefox will as well - and SafeOnline is compatible with Firefox's malicious URL detection additionally).

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Thanks a lot both of you for your answers. I was watching the thread. I believe I'll take Boeren's suggestion and allow scripts globally, while still having the other protections provided by both NoScript and SafeOnline.

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

As far as i know, Prevx and SafeOnline does NOT protect against malicious scripts, Cross Scripting etc, please correct me if i'm wrong ;)

As PrevxHelp noted, SafeOnline will block bad websites :thumb: but ONLY ones that are known to it. Even then it's not actually blocking scripts etc per se, AFAIK, but access to the the whole URL.

When this happens the whole screen goes black like this

block.gif

Not hard to miss :D

What you do next is up to you ?

I had to do a google search to find a likely www to demonstrate it, didn't take long :D It's littered with them :(

6. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

I found this one :D

1.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.