Panda Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddee

buddee Registered Member

When you restore the file from quarantine it will also be added to exclusion list, if you want the file be detected again remove it from exclusion list in setting of PAV or PIS.

2. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Few days ago, thanks to Pbust courtesy, Panda technician connect to my computer and for several hours tried to figure it out what's was wrong with my installation.
    During that time he installed and reinstalled program few times, and later send me report with results of his findings (it was probably problem with some unknown remnants from other programs). So far I'm a pretty satisfied Panda customer.

Only issue that I'm facing right now it's a longer boot time. I'm guess it's by design that Panda is performing some boot scanning because I see quite high AVENGINE.exe activity for 3-5 minutes from boot.
    I'm just curious its any possibility to disable this boot scan ?

Regards
    yaslaw

3. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

for me boot up has always been high in panda
    rest it works smooth

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks to Pbust for Panda keys. I have finally installed Panda AV on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 x86. Currently it is working very well and stable. Boot time is really increased, but other times it is working fine. I am monitoring those systems strictly for any problem and report here in case I suffer from any issue. Once again Thanks Pbust.

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

For those of you with high CPU and Memory usage at boot time. Do y'all have any large files/programs that are launching when you boot? That is sometimes the cause of high boot spikes.

Also I recommend running a full scan because I have noticed on many machines that once Panda builds its cache it works much lighter on boot.

6. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

First thing that I made after install is full scan to building whitelist of files on my pc. In startup folders I have only truecrypt, dropbox and skype.

As I said during normal work Panda is very light I'm observing very low CPU Usage (right now my computer is on for 9h+ and "cpu time" takes by WebProxy process that belongs to Panda is below 10min while other panda processes are almost 1 min or below!).

If only boot scan could be disabled I would say that this is the lightness (equal to avast) av that I ever had.

Well done Panda !

7. Gauchoo

Gauchoo Registered Member

But why should it automatically move a suspicious file that may contain malware to the exclusion list once you restore it from the quarantine ?

It should be the user's choice when Panda detects a suspicious file, to add the suspicious file to the exclusion list if they know that 100% it's clean.

8. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Very Strange..

today suddenly during watching a movie I got message from Panda autodiagnosiss that current level of protection is low and it recommend to restart computer to fix it.
    When I opened gui it shows than antivirus and identity protection modules are disabled.

I don't know why this modules disabled itself.

update:

system log shows:
    Name of application causing error: WebProxy.exe, wersja: 9.1.0.0, sygnatura czasowa: 0x4bd06c1d
    Name of module causing error: ntdll.dll, wersja: 6.1.7600.16559, sygnatura czasowa: 0x4ba9b29c
    Code of exception: 0xc0000264
    Error moved: 0x000a1c92
    ID of process causing error: 0x630
    Path to app causing error: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PANDA SECURITY\PANDA INTERNET SECURITY 2011\WebProxy.exe
    Path to module causing error: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: 67bbce80-c3f7-11df-bd4a-001b11471c06

Update2:
    I guess that it can be connected with utorrent application that was run in background.
    Could someone who use both app test in his environment if utorent and panda with high speed broadband are fit together?
    I guess that Panda is constantly scanning utorrent activity that can casue it to hang. As I know for exemple Avast from that reason decided not to scan utorent by default.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  9. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks Ibrad for advice. At system startup, only Panda is starting. No other program/utility is allowed to launch (via Autoruns).
    I am running full scan now on both systems. Hope it will allow Panda to cache startup programs and solve slow boot problem.

10. buddee

buddee Registered Member

becuase when u restore a suspicious files it seems that you are sure about the file that its not the malware, thats why it adds to exclusion list,

11. buddee

buddee Registered Member

that may be becuase you are running 64bit version of windows, there are many users who have complained about ntdll.dll in 64bit , have compatability issues with some programs. i'm using PIS 2011 with Windows 7 32bit, and i use utorrent too but never encounter this error yet.

12. Gauchoo

Can pbust possibly update us if the hotfix will be out this month, as the pcmag review of pav 2011 suggested, or has it been pushed back to next month etc.

13. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It's gradually being pushed out since yesterday and for the following week or two until its pushed out to everyone. You should see an entry in the event log for it.

14. Gauchoo

Can you provide a link to download the hotfix, for the impatient. :p

I've tried updating Panda numerous times tonight but no luck yet.

15. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It's in this same thread above, but I'd wait for it to be downloaded and applied automatically.

16. Gauchoo

Ok, i'll wait for it to update automatically.

Thanks for the info.

17. m0unds

m0unds Guest

bumping sort of an old thread here (i guess it's not *that* old...)

but what's the definitive answer to the question about the upgrade path from 2010 -> 2011?

i have a client who bought IS2010 off of amazon (encore distributed optical media, received thursday) and it hasn't been installed yet, but i wanted to find out if it's possible to upgrade that key to 2011 and if so, is it possible to download a 2011 installer so i don't need to install 2010 then separately install 2011?

thanks!

18. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I guess you have to shoot an email to their support team. I am sure they'll help you in this regard.

19. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes, you can simply download the IS2011 installer and activate it with the 2010 key. It should work no problem.

20. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Hey Pedro, i have tried to activate IS 2011 with the 2010 License key, but it didn't activated. :doubt:

21. m0unds

m0unds Guest

the trial installer? or one from the client area?

if it's from the client area, can you register a key before installing the product and getting a client number?

thanks!

22. pbust

pbust AV Expert

23. m0unds

m0unds Guest

24. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

I'm New user on panda Internet Security 2011 just Buyed it for like 1h ago,

and i did make a Scan and panda did find a file name DPsFnsher.exe

and panda but it to Quarantine, and when i try to send it to panda, the file to panda the windows just stop respons and i need to Retry but still not work :'(

25. m0unds

m0unds Guest

oof, first time installing IS2011 for someone and it's crashing logmein's services (lmiguardiansvc), some logitech processes (updater and hotkey poller), regularly crashing explorer.exe and sidebar applets, and can't run a scan without pavjobs crashing after 10 seconds. this is on a brand new, fresh install of windows 7 x64 (aside from the aforementioned products, it's factory-fresh)

Code:
    Faulting application name: PAVJOBS.EXE, version: 10.9.4.6, time stamp: 0x4c3b0ea2
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b29c
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0002e25b
    Faulting process id: 0x18e8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cb63ec660c4ba8
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2011\PAVJOBS.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: a6c8494f-cfdf-11df-b022-001b213e914b
    also, at every boot:

Code:
    Panda Anti-Virus Service was unable to start Network Infection Origin  Indentification functionality. (Error status was 30000009).

The absence of this operation functionality will not affect to normal  anti-malware protection.

and:

Code:
    Faulting application name: LCDMon.exe, version: 3.3.133.0, time stamp: 0x4a84ac61
    Faulting module name: PAVSHOOK64.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x49d0efe0
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000502736a0
    Faulting process id: 0x12b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cb63eabf6f46c9
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager\LCDMon.exe
    Faulting module path: PAVSHOOK64.DLL
    Report Id: a6178ea3-cfde-11df-8fc3-001b213e914b
    It sort of stopped nuking the logitech gamepanel process on its own. I added the LMIguardiansvc executable to exceptions, but it has absolutely no effect.

also, i just noticed the scanner UI shows that it's scanning "c: boot" when it crashes. if i manually invoke an "other" scan and point it to the user's secondary drive (non-boot) and documents folder, it completes without any issues. it only crashes when it scans the boot drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.