Not Receiving Program Updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JReese, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JReese

JReese Registered Member

Using NOD32 AV v4

I just purchased another license for a customers system and noticed the version number of the download and with my curious thinking I thought I would check to see what version was currently running on my system. I was surprised to find the download was considerably more recent than my currently installed version on both my laptop & desktop at home. Version 4.2.58 on the download verses version 4.0.437 on my systems at home.

It appears that both of my systems aren't receiving program updates or "Program Component Updates" as ESET calls them. I have my update options in the "Advanced Setup" set to "Always update program components" but it doesn't appear to have ever updated since I last installed the version manually back in August/September of 2009. This seems rather dated.

Reading the KB article SOLN2256 it sounds like the PCU's aren't usually pushed out and you are required to install them manually. Is this correct? Are they ever pushed out? I find it strange that the user would be required to go out and manually find & install the program updates - not real issue for myself but I would find it a little more reassuring to know that all of my customers systems are working fine and updating correctly that are running NOD32.

Thanks for any information.

Edit: Actually I just discovered the full changelog and now realize the version I have installed is from May 20, 2009. So I essentially have not received a program update since May of 2009 and by the looks of it I am missing out on quite a large number of fixes.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. JReese

JReese Registered Member

Well I guess that explains it then - thanks for the information.

Sorry to re-hash something that's been discussed already but I didn't find anything searching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.