4.2.58.3 causing system hang / blue screen on install of Windows 7 foreign language

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Khakiass, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khakiass

Khakiass Registered Member

In attempting to install additional language support for Windows 7, I have noticed the following issue with 4.2.58.3.

If ESET Nod32 is running during a language pack installation either through Windows Update --> Optional Updates or through Control Panel --> Region & Language --> Keyboards & Languages --> Display Languages, the system will either lock up forcing a hard shutdown, or a blue screen crash will result.

The blue screens reference eamonm.sys, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL resulting.

If I disable ESET prior to running these updates, they install without issue. They also install on systems running an older ESET version, 4.0.437.0.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No problems here with EAV 4.2.58.3 on Windows 7 x64. Could you generate a kernel or better complete memory dump per the instructions here, upload it somewhere and PM me the link?

3. Khakiass

Khakiass Registered Member

4. BedreAntivirus

BedreAntivirus Registered Member

i had the same problem when i installed SP1 Beta on Windows 7 64-bit (all current patches) and Windows 2008 R2 64-bit (all current patches)
    i booted into a WinPE CD and deleted the eamonm.sys file and SP1 finished the install, then i reinstalled NOD32, this worked on Server 2008 R2 64-bit, but not on Windows 7 64-bit so i had to reinstall my gaming rig, ooh well no biggie i had to do it anyway

Windows 2008 R2/Windows 7 SP1 Beta can be downloaded here
    http://technet.microsoft.com/nb-no/evalcenter/ff183870(en-us).aspx

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  5. datalens

datalens Registered Member

I had the same problem when windows update..

i installed Windows 7 64-bit (Korean)..

install windows -> install nod32 -> windows update -> shutdown -> update progress approaching 15% -> freezing

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  6. jeramy_t

jeramy_t Registered Member

i have been trying to figure this out for the last 2 days. there is a problem with 4.2.58.3.

I install a fresh Windows 7 32bit image, on 3 machines and then install NOD32, then tried do install windows updates, one hung @ 15%, others blue screned, physcal dumped.
    trying to log back into the machines, all .exe's would not start, including explorer.exe, taskmgr, cmd etc.

finally figured it out after several re-images.

i had tried several updates first before installing NOD32, the last straw i installed NOD32 then tried to install MS$ KB980408, KB980846, and KB982519. then failed.
    I dont think these are relevant however might help some one else.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Thank you for the reports. The issue is under investigation.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. simexi

simexi Registered Member

I'm having the same problem (but just after installing updates, not language issue?). Just installed latest hotfix and Windows hanged at "Windows preparing to configure...".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.