KB982063

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xxJackxx, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Do not install this hotfix with real-time file system protection enabled. It will hang your machine on shutdown and possibly hose your Windows install. Took me a little work to narrow it down to what was causing this but I was able to duplicate it on 2 machines. The first one I am still recovering. :(

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Interesting, thanks for reporting. What OS?

3. xxJackxx

Yes, I thought about that after the fact, I should have given more details. Both machines were Windows 7 x64. Also running ESS 4.2.58.3.

4. terradon

terradon Registered Member

Interesting...I've spent days trying to track down why it would take nearly 1 hour to do a reboot. ai finally did a clean install of win7 64bit. reboots were as quick as expected. First round of updates installed and reboots continued to be quick. Installed Office 2007 & updates. Still rebooted quickly. Installed QuickBooks 2010 & updates. Still normal reboot times. Installed ESS 4.2.58.3 & reboots are near 1 hour again. Rolled back to pre-ESS install & reboot times are quick again.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

6. xxJackxx

Interesting that the restart requirement says that you do not have to restart the computer after you apply the hotfix, but when I installed it with the real-time file system protection enabled it prompted me to restart after. When I had it disabled it installed much faster and without the prompt to restart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.