Spywareblaster 3.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Catty, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catty

Catty Registered Member

I downloaded this spywareblaster 3.1 two days ago and it will download alright but when I click on the icon on my desktop after installing it...it says this "Error found unpacking program Code 4. Report to Author " Anybody know where Author is? :rolleyes: Okay now...I have already done everything that I know to do trying to get this program to work...I went to the site about possible problems and I even downloaded the two files it mentioned in case I needed them...still will not work. I have Windows Me... Internet explorer 6...I have come to the conclusion that there is something else set wrong on my computer and I have no clue what to do about it. Can anybody help me?
    I have already uninstalled it 3 times from Add/Remove programs ...even went into Program Files to delete it from there because when you remove it from add/remove programs it will still be there...go figure! When I go into my program files I see the program...it is there but when I click on it from my desktop I get that error message and even when I try to get to it from Start/Programs and then open it...same thing. I am ready to throw this computer in the garbage can! I do not have a virus...I run my Ad-Aware daily...I also run Window Washer daily. :'( HELP!
    Catty~ :doubt:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for providing some useful system specifics - I'll go see if I can reproduce the problem. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Catty

Catty Registered Member

Thanks Javacool...I am hoping you can help me. I would like to have this program. I will wait for your reply....
    Catty~ :)

Windows ME
    Internet Explorer 6
    Ad-Aware 6.0 ( Run daily )
    Window Washer 5 ( Run daily )
    AVG Virus Protection ( updated ) (Run Daily )

I am sure hoping I can add Spywareblaster to this list.... :)

4. Cattypaws

Cattypaws Guest

I'm still waiting on an answer....guess I will have to do without spywareblaster 3.1.
    Catty

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I'm working on fixes for a few problems, including that one. With luck I'll have a beta version for you to try in little while.

Could you please e-mail me at bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com and reference this thread in the e-mail? I'll be able to send you a testing version that way. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Catty-
    You said you were having some other problems...I wonder if I heard wrong, but someone told me that IE-5.5 sp2 is better for Windows ME than IE-6. On the other hand you have to have IE-6 to take advantage of all of SWB's protections. This may not have anything to do with your problem, but someone probably knows...does IE-6 work well with Windows ME?
    -HandsOff

7. cattypaws

cattypaws Guest

Yes...I have had no problems with IE-6 with my Windows ME so far. I just cannot get Spywareblaster to work at all on my computer is all. It will download...I can see it in it's folder but when I click on the icon it says " Error in unpacking ...error 4...contact Author...so I gave up on it. My friends who have Windows ME and IE 6 have had no problems with downloading it.
    Thanks for your input though...
    Catty~

8. HandsOff

...so I gave up on it. My friends who have Windows ME and IE 6 have had no problems with downloading it.
    Thanks for your input though...
    Catty

That's too bad because it is annoying to disable activex and get all those warnings on IE about how the page wont look right...but activex is a real hazzard.

I think M$ really shot themselves in the foot on this one because many people now have taken to the practice of using a mozilla browser for normal browsing and IE only when necessary. and now that (in my opinion) java doesnt work right either since they removed MS virtual java machine from IExporer i am forced to use Mozilla and Netscape (which don't use activex). That might be something you would want to check out. Everyone around here seems to like Mozilla Firefox, but I am liking Netscape 7.1.

9. William Randall

William Randall Registered Member

I was a long time fan of Netscape. Then AOL got involved. Been using Mozilla for a long time now.

I have Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla Firefox, but generally run Mozilla and Opera with Mozilla as my default browser.

I keep IE 6 mostly for updating windows.

William

10. HandsOff

That was the direction I was going, only firefox for some reason didn't handle JAVA any better than IE did (for my specific need which is playing yahoo backgammon - Hey, its important to me! why should i be satisfied with worse performance? I hate negative progress) It's not that i worship Netscape, but since they gave me a free browser that works good, i feel compelled to give them some good feedback. --- also, works great retrieving mail from my ISP

- HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.