TrustPort & G Data - AV Comparatives - Best Results

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DasFox, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I must say TrustPort & G Data are looking quite impressive on AV Comparatives showing some of the best results.

I know Wilders doesn't like simple open questions like, 'Whos' The Best', so I don't want this to be that type of post, so please can we get some feedback here that shows what these two are worth compared with the other top AVs out there.

I'm seriously considering using one of these AV apps and given the results that AV Comparatives show I think this is quite impressive.

In the past I use to look at West Coast Labs results but I don't see anything that compares them all together pitted against each other like they use to in a comparative test, unless I'm not seeing it. Anyone know does West Coast Labs still have a test result like this?

By the way going off topic a bit here, G Data has the Internet Security version available for Free through Trial Pay.

2. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

G-Data is aways the best at on-demand scan. But it did not do very well on the dinamic test made by AV-C on December 2009.

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Ahh nice to know, one thing I found interesting is that TrustPort is using Bitdefender and AVG for it's engines or technology based off of those.

Inside the GUI options under 'Engines' you see it listing AVG and Bitdefender.

Now if these are strictly these engines, I don't know about this, it just seems like copying something, not making something better and original...o_O

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

DasFox, it's not that Wilders does not like simple questions, it's that comparing AVs is against this Posting Policy Statement - Antivirus Software.
    If you have any specific question about TrustPort or G Data, by all means, post them separately. In the meantime, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.