SpywareBlaster Need Developer Help

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by _Kim_, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Registered Member

Hello,
    At this moment I'm getting help from a security expert on an issue I'm having with an alternate data stream. We are investigating the file 5C321E34.tmp that can be found in the /ProgramData/TEMP and Users/All Users/TEMP directories. I found a link when reseraching this file that states it is created by SpywareBlaster, can a developer confirm or deny this please, because I dont want to waste this guys time on a false positive.

Thank you. Kim.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. _Kim_

_Kim_ Registered Member

The first link you posted was created by me and yes OA++ has detected it. OTL and ADSspy are both detecting it also, the reason I think it was created by SpywareBlaster is this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=218483 It makes alot of sense for it to be a FP but I just want it confirmed.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thanks for the link. I see it on Win7 as well. I have deleted the file and on SB restart the file comes back.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  5. _Kim_

_Kim_ Registered Member

Interesting Cudni, can I ask if you used ADSspy to scan for it? Alternate data streams can not be seen by explorer even with "show hidden files and folders" "hide protected operating system files" selected/unselected. I'm using Vista myself, there could be some difference there too.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

No, I used AlternateStreamView from Nirsoft

7. _Kim_

_Kim_ Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.