Error occurred while updating program mod.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nikheff, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikheff

nikheff Registered Member

Hi all

New user and up to now, not having problems; love program. Got an error message a few minutes ago that said "error occurred while updating program module, cannot replace current file."

Why is this happening and what do I need to do? Thanks for help.

Nikki

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I suggest you check and make sure the TMP and TEMP system variables are defined, directories to which they point actually exist and you are able to write into them. On Windows 2000/XP/2003 go to System properties, on the Advanced tab click the System variables button. The aforementioned variables appear in the lower pane. On Win9x, type "set temp" at command line to see its setting.

3. nikheff

nikheff Registered Member

Thank you for replying. I checked, and those directories are there. Will see what happens next. I had just bought my commercial version Friday after evaluating the trial, and yes I uninstalled eval before putting on commerical, and everything seemed to be fine. Reinstalled it again last night (just over the top). Maybe some WinXP updates did something; I don't know. Will write again if it happens again.

Nikki

4. DiGi

DiGi Registered Member

You can have different TMP and TEMP folder than system processes (there always use %systemroot%\TEMP (c:\windows\temp...))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.