mse & immunet

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the dummy, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the dummy

the dummy Registered Member

Can these two run active together without conflict? It seems to me they can, but then again im the dummy, tnx.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Should be fine. I've done it myself with no problems. Tested Eicar and other files, Immunet quarantines it before MSE reacts.
    Do add the Immunet Program folder (which includes its quarantine) in MSE's exclusions though. Also add exclusions to MSE just to be sure.

If your run other on-demand scanners, Immunet might interfere them if they detect something. To prevent that, add them to Immunet's exclusions.

3. the dummy

I have no computer skills to speak of:rolleyes: so implementing your ideas will be next to not happening, but thanks for the reply.:)

4. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

Immunet 2.0 which can be found on scientia.immunet.com will not interfere with on-demand scanners and so on.

You should be able to run both realtime without any problems :)

5. the dummy

Thank you for replying:) Since chrome is its own sandbox, and immunet is a light on the resources cloudy type anti-virus/anti-malware app. Would this cover most peoples needs?

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Should be enough if you continue using Chrome. It hasn't been publicly hacked yet (I think).

Actually, do you bank online? If so, Prevx SafeOnline FaceBook edition or KeyScrambler may interest you.

7. the dummy

Ive heard chrome is still deviant safe also, and there is no way i will ever do any banking over the net. :eek:

8. Pedersen

If you never do any banking over the internet, you can use immunet on its own ;) it does a pretty good work.

9. the dummy

Thanks again for the help everyone:) If i do use immunet for my only a/v, does it also protect against malware? Is it a zero day protection? Will it update on its own?Is it dummy proof?

10. Pedersen

Immunet are the best zero-day protection out there. Tried it together with another immunet user to see how long time it goes from detection to prevention and only a couple of seconds went by.. :p
    Immunet protects against all kinds of malware and should be dummy proof :D and signatures updates constantly without you even notice... (the power of cloud)

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Why is this. I bank online and Immunet protects me just fine. I have tested it.:thumb:

12. Pedersen

I would like to add a firewall when banking ;) thats why :p

13. the dummy

When immunet comes out of beta, will we have to uninstall our current versions and then install 2.0 , or will this happen as a update?

14. Pedersen

Yes, you have to uninstall 1.0 but you can just update if you are using 2.0 already ;)
    The final release should be available later today ;)

15. the dummy

Thanks to everyone, i think we can rap this one up.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.