Help please?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by vizard, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vizard

vizard Registered Member

Help please? (solved)

can anyone help me on how to protect my computer from hackerso_O??

help me!:'( i cannot access my email add and my computer slows down, i think someone hack me:mad:

i use avast free antivirus..

btw: sorry if my grammar is wrong :doubt:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Hi,

Please follow the trailing Steps:-

1. If you really suspect that your computer has a virus, remove your computer from any networks. And Scan it with your Avast.
    2. I also advise you to install and scan your computer with MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware. Both of these are excellent programs and have a proven track record at finding newer malware infections that the more traditional anti-virus programs miss.
    3. I also advise you to scan your system with HitmanPro.
    4. Run CCleaner to remove unwanted junk files and registry. Please be cautious while removing unwanted registries from your system.
    5. After removing malwares and junk files, run system defrag.

I am sure these tips will really help you to come out of this problematic situation...:)

3. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

1. Before starting to scan, I would advise you to turn off system restore and delete all the restore points and possible infected system backups made by other programs. Clean temporary files and browser cache.

2. Rename MBAM and SAS executables to some random name and install if the malware blocks it. Same with Hitman Pro and Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Start in safe mode.

3. First, use Hitman. Its pretty fast and remove/quarantine anything detected. Then use MBAM and SAS. Then do a thorough scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware and quarantine detected objects.

4. Reboot and do another scan with the tools. Then turn on System Restore if you need it.

5. My advice, use Zemana Antilogger and Sandboxed browser after your system is clean.

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Follow the above instructions. Please avoid using registry cleanup.
    Rather you can use Registry Defragmenter like Quicksys Regdefrag.

Please update all the above mentioned security apps before running a scan.

5. icr

icr Registered Member

6. vizard

vizard Registered Member

WOW! thank you guys!! :) my computer is back to normal now! :-*

7. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Good, to hear that. What happened? Any viruses, hackers or just fragmented disk and lots of junk?

8. vizard

vizard Registered Member

using ccleaner, avast, malwarebytes and superantispyware i remove
    5.7gb junk files, history.. etc. 200+ viruses, spywares..etc

my computer is clean now :)

thank you very much guys.. :D :D

9. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

OMG. Thank god you are clean. But there still may be some damn rootkits.:doubt:

10. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

with that amount of badware your machine is better off reformated and reinstalled

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

WOW even after those 200+ Viruses and Trojans or what else you might have had, or have left. I wouldn't wait a sec doing a format of the HD myself.

I see you have Avast Free. But are you sure that the Real-time protection of Avast was ON?

Since I just can't belive that Avast would fail so big and let over 200+ Viruses and Trojans etc... through:rolleyes:

12. vizard

vizard Registered Member

@sg09 what is rotkits? avast and malwarebytes can detect rotkits? o_O

@SweX you mean avast shields? i only enabled web shield, because my friend said, file system shield, mail shield, IM shield, automatic updates, windows updates..etc will slow my computer.. (i play computer games :) )
    but now i enabled all shields and update daily,.. i think security is better than performance..:cool: :D

13. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

"A rootkit is a software or hardware device designed to gain administrator-level control over a computer system without being detected."

Yes they can detect rootkits. Applies the rule that no security software detects everything. There are even more specialized tools for rootkit detection but they usually require the user to have a certain level of knowledge on security issues and Operating Systems.

All shields should be up. If you don't use an email client or IM, then these shields can be turned off without security risks.

14. vizard

vizard Registered Member

thank you NoIos.. :)

15. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

I remembered. when I was young and is playing around someone else's PC... I installed an antivirus and it scanned over fifty-thousand malware :)

thats one of my unforgettable experience :D

16. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

50,000 :eek: what types of malwares are theyo_Oo_O Any worm like brontok?*puppy*

17. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

yes... there's brontok in there. :D

another funny thing.... my "IT" professor last year brought her USB full of presentations for our lesson.... she plug it in the school computer with Avira.
    guess what? Avira found 400+ malware in it... we continued the class without any presentation LOL.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  18. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Nothing new. I used to get hundreds of malwares in my brothers PC earlier when he would just connect to his Computer LAB's PC and wont enable enough protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.