ESET blocking these URL addresses

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by magex47, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magex47

magex47 Registered Member

2. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Looks like you are probably infected with the TDL/TDSS/Tidserv rootkit...those URLS are a bit of a giveaway.

You should probably contact tech support or one of the well known malware removal forums as this will probably require guidance from an expert to remove.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

If that really is a possibility I suggest magex47 downloads Hitman Pro http://www.surfright.nl/en/downloads/ and scans with that, since Hitman Pro seems to handle that rootkit well. If it finds it you can activate the 30-days trial to remove it.

5. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

The URLs themselves are ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ enough to make me not think about false positives for a fraction of a second.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
  6. magex47

magex47 Registered Member

Thanks man you're a life saver. I installed and it scanned, found it, and deleted it! Im back in business now.

7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, yeah Hitman Pro is good. Though, I personally wouldn't trust such machine any more, full re-image/re-install is the obvious way to go here once you have time to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.