Antispam protection Error writing antispam counters.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nickster_uk, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickster_uk

nickster_uk Registered Member

Hi..

keep finding this log entry after switching users to a limited profile in Windows 7 x64:
    Antispam protection Error writing antispam counters.

A similar error was logged in previous builds if users didn't have full access to the asdata.dat file in the ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Antispam folder. However, the user group 'users' have full permission to that folder and all its contents so i'm not really sure what to check next.

Any suggestions please?

2. nickster_uk

Bump....anyone have a suggestion please? This problem is still occurring when switching to non-admin user profiles.

3. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

When you initially run ESET on one user and then switch to another user you get more than one instance of egui.exe running. In my personal experience this causes all sorts of funky issues.

Anyone care to elaborate on the topic?

4. nickster_uk

Thanks for the reply STRYDER but I don't think this isn't the case with my issue....the error even occurs even after logging out of my profile, then onto a non-admin profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.