ESET Mail Security for Exchange 4.2 locks up Exchange Server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GeneNZ, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneNZ

GeneNZ Registered Member

Hi there,

Recently we upgraded our Exchange server (running Win 08 64-bit Server Standard and Exchange 2007 64-bit Enterprise SP1) from ESET Mail Security 2.71.9 to the latest 4.2 (64 bit) version. It was an inplace upgrade, as I didn't read in any documentation that I had to firstly remove the previous version.

During the first couple hours, the system behaved itself. However, occasionally (every 3-4 hours) the machine would completely lock up due to high CPU usage. I would to reset the machine (ungracefully) to bring it back up as there was no other way of controlling the machine. Upon reboot, there were no logs or anything associated with the lock up that I could find for the system or ESET.

In terms of ESET configuration, I had configured somes components, and left some at default - the changes were nothing too major, just specifying email addresses to send information too etc.

After the first few lock ups, I decided to clean install the ESET by uninstalling it and reinstalling. No change. I then reverted back to 2.71.9. The lock ups haven't occurred since.

Anyone have any clue as to why this would happen, and how I would go about fixing it.

Note that we only have licenses for virus checking and mailboxes and not for spam filtering.

Thanks in advance.

Gene

2. misterx11

misterx11 Registered Member

i 'm also experiencing troubles with eset mail security v4.2 . It's seems the product is released too fast causing many problems. But i didn't have this :) one yet.

Also running exchange 2007 sp1 with latest rollups/ .net framwork 3.5 fully patched?. Did you install all the rollups as wello_O

Removed any unessacary scheduled tasks / have tasks wich run every 4 hours??

Already tried enabling debugging in the hope dat is gives some outputo_O

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    What exclusions did you put in?
    Is the server a DC?
    I also disable background scanning, in the Exchange component of Eset...and in the real time file protection, I disable scanning of all file types...to the default list.

I've been holding back upgrading my clients servers....the large majority of them on are on 2.7 still. I've passed on v3 and v4..but I've heard that 4.2 is better..and I've installed it on 2 clients of mine..no issues so far, am continuing to upgrade more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.