Spywareblaster will not run on Win7

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by turbinespaul, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbinespaul

turbinespaul Registered Member

After what appears to be a normal installation I try to start Spywareblaster from the menu and only get a quick flash on the screen. This appears to me to be security or maybe a permissions issue but I am not sure how to fix..

Is Spywareblaster still a good program to run in parallel with MS secuity essentials or is it not needed any longer.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. druthers

druthers Registered Member

I found that SpywareBlaster couldn't run on Windows7x64 in the following instances:

If and when the account's font size setting is set to a "custom size". However, even then, SpywareBlaster will run and update OK when started in "Safe Mode with Networking" -- (hit F8 at Windows startup).

Additional conditions where SpywareBlaster might not run in Windows 7 would perhaps be when a non-standard display, font, or language setting is used -- or, anything that causes Windows 7 to run an additional, and incompatible "DLL.MUI" -type of file.

The following file prevented (or was involved in preventing) SpywareBlaster from running in two separate accounts on my computer, until the font size had been reset to a "standard size", on each of the accounts:

KernelBase.dll.mui ... ( C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\KernelBase.dll.mui )

In Windows 7, you can find Windows Error Reports for SpywareBlaster in these folders:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\

And find Windows Crash Dumps for SpywareBlaster in these folders:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.