Google Chrome (OS) to Come Bundled with Adobe Flash

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by elapsed, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Google-Chrome-OS-to-Come-Bundled-with-Adobe-Flash-138737.shtml

http://www.neowin.net/news/google-chrome-to-bundle-flash-include-pdf-support

2. elapsed

Positive view: Auto-updating feature will free the user from this worry, ensuring always the latest version of flash, as well as it "eventually" being run in the chrome sandbox.

Negative view: I despise flash, and I can't wait for IE9 to lead the way in HTML5 support so I can rid myself of it.

3. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

If IE keeps losing users as steadily as it has been (and no indications lead me to believe otherwise) it's not gonna lead anywhere but down.:cautious:

4. elapsed

What? IE is the most popular browser. Nearly all web developers develop around it.

5. Watasha

You're right, it is. It is also losing users every day. How long will it stay the most popular? Even if it does, the stranglehold will loosen eventually.

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=1

6. mvario

mvario Registered Member

7. elapsed

IE doesn't need to fully support a standard for web developers to use it. But they won't use it at ALL if the most popular browser doesn't use it. Hence, HTML5 won't hit off until IE9.

8. mvario

mvario Registered Member

9. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

10. Watasha

It's going completely over your heads that IE is STEADILY LOSING USERS isn't it?:blink: This started a long time ago and has only gotten worse with Google entering the fray. IE9 isn't gonna "revolutionize" anything, it never has. It's gonna continue to play "catch up" just like it did on V7.....and V8. Those were supposed to "change the game" too remember? "Catch up". That the Microsoft mantra isn't it?:D

11. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

IE9 will have hardware accelerated HTML5 support though. That's a pretty nice feature

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.