Malware Defender

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Ibrad, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

I will miss the file and folder Rules. the only alternative from MD is now EQS.

Can some one please say if the latest version runs stable on Windows 7 32bit?
    because I not have windows 7 yet.

also anyone know of any announcement links Xiaolin has posted on the md chinese forums? has Xiaolin posted on the 360 forums?

2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

360Safe is not the same company as IOBit 360 (who alledgedly stole MBAMs database). Also, whilst initial impressions may not be exactly encouraging, nobody has confirmed that MD is dead. In fact the indications from Xiaolin are that MD will continue to be updated. Whether this turns out to be the case remains to be seen.

3. arran

arran Registered Member

ok my mistake 360Safe is not the same as IOBit 360. but we still need confirmation about MD and something posted from Xiaolin, from what I can see its no longer possible to purchase a MD licence.

4. xiaolin

xiaolin Registered Member

Hi all,

Thanks for your concern and support. :)

I have joined 360safe (http://www.360.cn/), a Chinese security company offers free security products. I will still work on MD project (the name will be changed, of course).

I believe MD will become better. Please be patient to wait for the new release.

Xiaolin

5. arran

arran Registered Member

Thank you for Posting xiaolin. But just wondering if you can elaborate a bit more. you say you are still going to work on the MD project with a different name.

Is the MD project going to be a separate project and product from 360safe?
    or will it become part of 360safe's products?

And will new customers be able to purchase a MD license again?

6. xiaolin

There is no detailed plan yet. It should be installed alone.

I guess the new MD will be released as freeware. :)

7. arran

arran Registered Member

xiaolin is there going to be updates and support for all the current MD license holders who have paid for MD for the existing 2.6 MD version?

8. xiaolin

Support will be continued by email. I will send an email to all registered users later.

9. arran

arran Registered Member

Thanks xiaolin

as well as email support will you also make updates to the existing 2.6 MD version for windows 7 if there are any future compatibility or conflict issues with windows 7 when microsoft releases updates ?

For example microsoft releases Windows 7 service pack 1 2 and 3 etc and there
    are conflict issues.

10. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Congratulations Xiaolin on the new position. :)

Looking forward to MD becoming better, interesting that it may become free. Please don't forget about Registry Workshop too. :argh:

11. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Will the new freeware version be released in English?

12. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Xiaolin - Good luck and best wishes on your new position. Thank you for letting us know the situation. We anxiously await further developments.

13. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Maybe this only affects MD as you can still purchase RW on the TorchSoft website.

14. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

If it'll be available in English too then it's really good news. :D

15. demonon

demonon Guest

I have to agree with this, too!

16. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Well, it doesn't seem 100% certain that MD will become freeware, yet even if it's only a possibility it's still the best piece of news I've heard in quite a while.

17. arran

arran Registered Member

If we don't like this new MD product which will be under a different name and instead we choose to continue using the existing MD 2.6 product, I just hope that Xiaolin will release updates if needed if there are any future conflicts with Windows 7 when microsoft releases updates and service packs.

After all it is Xiaolin's obligation to all the License holders who have paid for the product to ensure that the current 2.6 MD runs smoothly on windows 7 thru out the life of windows 7.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  18. lonelywolf

lonelywolf Registered Member

This is great news!
    :thumb:

19. arran

arran Registered Member

but remember freeware can come bundled with toolbars and crap.

xiaolin is it partly because 64bit is becoming more popular and 32bit is phasing
    out? Is the new MD under a different name going to have a 64bit version?

20. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Granted. But payware can also come with crapware. The AVG paid products also have a toolbar. That's just an example. True, payware comes less often with crap but it does happen. And it could become a more frequent practice the way things are going...
    I could live with the fact that the MD installer could have a toolbar or something. I'd prefer for it not to but the program itself is most definitely worth it so it's not that bad. Besides, it's not like there are many alternatives that are as light, stable and reliable as MD. A great piece of software like MD coupled with a toolbar is a better deal than a not so good program without a toolbar.

21. subset

subset Registered Member

There is a post at the Chinese MD forum seemingly from a 360safe member about the future of MD.
    If I understand that correctly they will continue to develop MD and release it for free.
    There is also something about refund, but I don't know what he means.
    http://bbs.kafan.cn/thread-675688-1-1.html

But I wonder what will happen with the localized versions of MD.
    Will there only be a Chinese version of the 360safe software, or a Chinese and an English version?
    Or will the other localized versions also survive the change of ownership?

Cheers

22. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

General ideas by 360safe:
    1.Support and update will continue,and 360safe will supply MD with resources and money.
    2.MD will be released as free ware so that more people can use it.
    3.People that have purchased MD can get refund by 360safe.
    Those were not mentioned,but I guess there will still be English version of MD. :D

23. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Paid in Chinese Yuan, no doubt. :p

24. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow, i can't believe Xiaolin is gone now :D

Good luck to him and i hope he continues to improve and support this awesome product!
    Definitely one of my favorites but never used it on real PC due to complains (Family)

25. arran

arran Registered Member

hopefully 1 method of refund can be a deposit into paypal account.

I don't think he is gone completely he has joined 360 so hopefully he will be one in helping develop the next MD product. Xiaolin's brain power in combination with 360's staff should produce a better MD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.