Disk Defrager

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by whitedragon551, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Alright Im looking for a disk defrager that will allow me to defrag as many system files as possible. Im currently using Puran. I love it, its light, fast, stable, and does a good job, but Im looking for something that does a defrag in a bit more depth and has more options on how the defrag should be done.

Current contenders are O&O, PerfectDisc, Auslogics Disc Defrag, and Ultra Defrag (open source). Any others besides Diskeeper that should be considered? Id love open source, but some times open source doesnt beat paid software in terms of performance.

2. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

UltimateDefrag maybe?

3. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Paid or free, in free you have MyDefrag and Ultimate defrag, in paid the best is Perfect Disk.

4. whitedragon551

Not really a huge fan of is ridiculous GUI.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have been beta testing perfectdisk 11 and while i still prefer puran pd11 is VERY NICE. it would def be my second choice and will be out in final version very soon

6. icr

icr Registered Member

Even I didn't like the GUI but it suited all my needs fast and reliable ;)

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I use O&O V12 and really like it. (I tried almost all the defraggers i could find and decided O&O was the best IMO) :D

Maybe you should try all the options and then decide :rolleyes:

8. Mister_Al

Mister_Al Registered Member

If you'd like to try O&O Defrag Professional Version 11 you can get a free license here:

http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/special/defragspecial/

I know it's not the latest version (ver. 12), but at least it won't cost you anything to try it and see if you might like the product line.

Alan

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  9. whitedragon551

Ive used O&O and Perfectdisc, but not really sure which one is faster or has the more advanced options. Ive never used Auslogics or Ultradefrag, but from the looks of it they arent even on the same level.

10. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Yes its very nice, they have implemented a number of my suggestions (I may not of been the only person who did), to optimise the defragmentation process, being able to balance file access performance, refragmentation rates and defragmentation times, infact they have pretty much answered all my rants about defrag tools in general.

This may be the first defrag tool since Diskeeper 10 that I would be prepared to pay for.

11. whitedragon551

Right now Im using O&O v12 and like it. I have one question though. Does it allow boot time defrag of important system files without crippling my system?

12. norky

norky Registered Member

Really don't see how auslogics or ultradefrag are more indepth or thorough than Puran.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.