ThreatSense phone home hogs resources

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by siljaline, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Running the 4.2.22.0 Beta under my current license. XP Pro SP3 Dell OEM.
    Browser, IE 8

I have enabled pre-release updates From my log files, since enabling the pre-releases, statistical information is sent to ESET much more requently than previous. It have no complaint regarding this though it does tax my machine somewhat while the stats are sent to ESET.

Does anyone have a comment on this as to perhaps adjust settings to compensate ?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Selecting the pre-release option allows your copy of the software to download and test module updates before they are released to the general public.

As you might imagine, ESET is very interested in receiving telemetry from these, because if there is a performance problem or other issue it would be best to catch it before the update went out to the general public.

As a result, statistical information is sent back to ESET more frequently when this option is enabled.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Hello, Aryeh

Thank you for the information, I will leave settings as posted as I do wish to be able to provide as much feedback to ESET as possible to enable the best public release in the first quarter of 2010.

I am not seeing any performance problems, perhaps a slight resource issue while the stats are being polled and sent, that I can certainly live with.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.