At reboot to Make Image, Screen Hangs asking "Insert Startup Disk into Floppy Drive".

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by pcutch, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcutch

pcutch Registered Member

After defining a complete image backup, the system says it must reboot to get exclusive use of drive.....fine. But when it reboots, it stops on a character-based screen showing the following information:

Drive 0: primary 01 Win Vista/2008 NTFS RECOVERY

Then at the bottom of the screen, it says:
    Insert Startup Disk into Floppy Drive and Press F2 to run setup.
    There is no floppy disk on this machine (who has one anymore) !!!

I cannot get it to boot back into Windows....I'm stuck on this screen.

I've tried rebooting, removing power for 5 minutes, changing boot order to DVD, running Dell Dianostics to try to get it to reset.
    If anyone can assist, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Paragon Drive Backup Pro 9
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Dell Studio XPS 8100 (5 days old)

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

This is an issue with DB09 and Windows 7, DB09 does not fully support Windows 7, specifically when it needs to reboot to complete an operation. You should use our recovery CD to perform any operation that requires a reboot.

To get your computer to boot again you need to correct the MBR, you can do this with either of our recovery CD's, using the boot corrector option and selecting correct the MBR. Alternatively the Window 7 disk's startup repair can do this as well.

Windows 7 recovery disks are available here:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.