V3.0 spywareblaster download trouble

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by amarok, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarok

amarok Registered Member

:oops: Please help!!
    background:
    i know just enough about computers to be VERY dangerous....i'm computer illiterate but i continue on my merry way...thinking all things will eventually work out!
    my OS is windows ME

i have installed ad-aware 6.0 & spybot s&d (advanced) & until a day ago spyblaster 2.6.1...this is my problem!!

i went to use the spyblaster & apparently there was a new version (3.) that i was advised i need to download...sounds simple...however, whenever i tried all the various links for the download..each time i got the error message: "Delete File:Code 5 access denied"
    i then found a faq section & found a post that other people had advised the powers to be that this was happening..so they had advised to un-install the old version 1st & then download it.....
    my problem was that i couldn't find the program in my list of add/remove programs in my control panel....is this where it should have beeno_O anyway, i just deleted the spyblaster from my program list by sending it to my recycle bin & again tried the down load....NO GO...

.so i figured before i cause any damage that i should just go back to a restoral point in time before i started & all should be as i found it...not true....my box that have the list of all my protected stuff was empty!!!! & no matter what i do...it won't download the new version.
    (i don't want to go into my registry to do stuff because i'm SCARED to do anything like that)

i feel that if no one can help me...maybe someone can recommend another free program that does what spyblaster does (i'm not even sure what it does..but i've had success with it ever since i installed it about 6 months ago).

so basically, i'm asking...where is the spyblaster program for me to un-install o_O

or what is another good program??

thanks for

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

"Delete File:Code 5 access denied" is usually caused because of a locked file. The recommended solution is to reboot your system then run the new 3.0 installer kit.

Now this is very specific...

1. Do you have a downloaded copy of spywareblastersetup30.exe handy? (That's the new version install kit for SB that you download and it's 2.1 MB in size). You need this on your system.

2. Reboot your PC.

3. Run the above installer kit. (Do NOT try to run SpywareBlaster itself after you reboot. Just run the spywareblastersetup30.exe installer kit first.)

Let us know if this sequence causes an error and what the error is exactly. It should not be "Delete File:Code 5 access denied" again because that only happens if you run SB and then try to install the new version.

The above should work and then you can run SpywareBlaster. As to the bad deinstall, let's see if this install cleans that up for you.

3. amarok

amarok Registered Member

to LowWaterMark......you're a GENIUS!!!!!
    it worked like a charm...now all i have to do is understand how to use /work it....it's so different from the old version....i'll try reading other threads about it & maybe i can get a better idea of what i'm to do with it.

thanks,
    so very much!!!!

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Great! Glad you got it working. :cool:

While you are learning about all its features, just make sure you enable its primary function first.

When you first open SpywareBlaster, on that first screen you'll see in the lower half of the window: "Quick Tasks". Just click on the "Enable All Protection" line there, and it'll set everything its got for your protection.

After that you can take your time looking through its other features.

Best Wishes! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.